PDA

View Full Version : Super Street is a GateWay Drug

lars
May 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Hello all,
I came to PPIR and raced in the SuperStreet class and just wanted to share that I am hooked, I will try to make it to as many events as I can this season in the SuperStreet Class and then this winter bite the bullet and grab a prepped bike to race in my first year of racing next year!
thanks for introducing the SuperStreet class, it allowed me to get my toes wet without breaking the bank.....until next year i hear:)
Thanks again,
Lars

chrobis
May 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Bwwahahaha :twisted: Who says we don't know what we're doing?

Welcome to the funhouse, Lars.

Bartman
May 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
They have not yet made a drug that can hold a candle to racing, wait till you get your first podium finish or win, you won't be able to sleep for weeks after. :D

rforsythe
May 26th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Crack can help with the sleeping thing, however.

glenngsxr
May 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Welcome Lars. Do you have a wife, kids, house, and other assets? If so, don't come racing. In fact, don't even look at a track. Sell your bike now and walk away. Kidding of course. Racing is the worst thing to ever happen to me. It has literally changed my life forever. I have met some of the best people I know at the race track.

By the way, you already broke the bank so no need to worry about that. The banks of PPIR! Welcome to it.

Glenn #62

lars
May 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome Lars. Do you have a wife, kids, house, and other assets? If so, don't come racing. In fact, don't even look at a track. Sell your bike now and walk away. Kidding of course. Racing is the worst thing to ever happen to me. It has literally changed my life forever. I have met some of the best people I know at the race track.

By the way, you already broke the bank so no need to worry about that. The banks of PPIR! Welcome to it.

Glenn #62

Yeah, i thought riding was the best thing ever. then i raced:) can't wait for HPR!

dave.gallant
May 26th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the addiction.

Soon everything in your life will be measured in "how many tires that would have bought...". :)

Bartman
May 26th, 2010, 05:26 PM
My TV was 2 sets, my PS3 was a set, my tool bill is 1 set per month. You get the idea, nobody understands it until it happens to you. :D

gsnyder828
May 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Soon everything in your life will be measured in "how many tires that would have bought...". :)

Well, almost everything...

When we got engaged, Jeanine showed the ring to Torsten Zorn (former MRA racer) - he looked at me :shock: and said "that's a new R1!"

:wink:

Throttleroller277
May 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

lars
May 27th, 2010, 05:20 AM
This all sounds great, and i was just telling a friend how nice it was to focus on one sport and how cheaper it was to participate in one sport rather than try to do a handful of them......so what your saying is the trailer and hitch is just the beginning! haha. i guess im lucky that my wife enjoyed the day out there

dragos13
May 27th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Welcome to the addiction.

Isn't that the truth!!!

:D

Scored51
May 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Well, almost everything...

When we got engaged, Jeanine showed the ring to Torsten Zorn (former MRA racer) - he looked at me :shock: and said "that's a new R1!"

:wink:

Wow, I got away with just an R6! It too was noted, but it's genetic. When my parents were engaged, the comment was, "that ring costs more than the front suspension on the race car." :lol:

rohorn
May 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Just bought a nice clean ZX-9R to save money on gas.

Any suggestions as to what I do with the bike and all that extra money?

beavis
May 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Lars, Camped next to you at the track. Did that perma grin go away yet. Always check out the bikes for sale section. There are some great deals already this year.

lars
May 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Lars, Camped next to you at the track. Did that perma grin go away yet. Always check out the bikes for sale section. There are some great deals already this year.
yeah, it finally went away when I rode on the street, just not quite the same! Yeah I'll be buying off the forum. Looks like a lot of great bikes to get my feet wet. As just about anythig is more competitive than that poor ninja500.
Thanks

JWinter
May 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Racing is a way of life. 99% of the world doesn't ever get to taste what we do! So enjoy every second of it! A great friend told me that "what we do is extraordinary!"

Welcome to the race family!

Jeff

dave.gallant
May 29th, 2010, 09:02 AM
A great friend told me that "what we do is extraordinary!"

We are definitely a "special" breed.

(In a Short Bus (tm) sorta-way... :) )

Scored51
May 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Just bought a nice clean ZX-9R to save money on gas.

Any suggestions as to what I do with the bike and all that extra money?

Yep! Buy an EX500 and come race with us. :shock: :lol: 00--00 :-$

rohorn
May 29th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Yep! Buy an EX500 and come race with us. :shock: :lol: 00--00 :-$

Yeah, I should have thought of that...

Takin' a few days off work next week to spend some time on the EX project - the one that was supposed to be on wheels last summer. I am hoping to run Super Street on the ZX before the EX gets finished.

davy4575
May 29th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I had planned on racing superstreet too. that went out the window as my addiction progressed from binge to maintainence. The addiction progresses more rapidly in some than others. Still no known cure, other than the theraputic value of one addict...er racer helping another.

froth
May 30th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Chris: did you read the part where he's working on the EX500 he was supposed to do LAST year??? We can beat him to the punch if we keep plugging away with yours. Then we can get his going too. Wadda ya say?

Scored51
May 30th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Fred,

You're WAY beyond the gateway stage.

froth
May 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I can quit any time I want to. I just don't want to quit right now.

lars
May 30th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Some one else is building an Ex500? My wife was kind enough to give me hers since she just bought a monster. and the drug has gotten worse, i ordered new springs so the front wouldnt bottom out in every corner!!!! this is gonna get out of hand!

Scored51
May 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I know my list of excuses is getting shorter with the threat of Froth's shoe making an impression on my posterior. :shock: Who knows, there may be a better sounding twin out there before the next Presidential Election.

From Colorado Class, Lightweight GP, Super Twins GTU to all the other Nov/Am races legal! Guaranteed to give you more quality track time for two reasons. The track ain't as crowded as in a middleweight race, AND you'll spend more time on the track 'cuz the laptimes are slower. Come out and race for less than a day at Dave & Buster's! :lol:

Islandermyk
May 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
They have not yet made a drug that can hold a candle to racing, wait till you get your first podium finish or win, you won't be able to sleep for weeks after. :D

I haven't came close to a podium finish, but I am having trouble sleeping... I get the sweats from time to time... everytime I close my eyes... I see an apex somewhere.. Is anyone else having this problem? Damn you Super street! :lol:

lars
May 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM

I haven't came close to a podium finish, but I am having trouble sleeping... I get the sweats from time to time... everytime I close my eyes... I see an apex somewhere.. Is anyone else having this problem? Damn you Super street! :lol:

agreed, besides the guy that crashed and the guy that DNF'd i got DFL (dead flat last), and it was still addictive. of course it didnt help that i was able to catch the last 3 guys in the corners every time and then loose them on the straight! talk about dangling a carrot!

rforsythe
May 31st, 2010, 07:42 AM
Fortunately Bart and a few others on here can help you catch that carrot!

Redflash3
May 31st, 2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, SS class has me hooked as well. So much so that I've decided to get my novice license and enter the next HPR race on the 12th. As long as I can get the bike ready by then. :lol:

Redflash3/Brian

dragos13
June 1st, 2010, 06:28 AM
Very nice Brian. Let me know if you need a hand with anything so we can get you on the grid!!!