PDA

View Full Version : If you are a guest of your friendly track medical crew...

rforsythe
May 24th, 2010, 02:05 PM
The rest of the crew doesn't come on this forum, but they all know I talk to other racers frequently and ask me (a lot) how the racers they treat are doing.

If you crash (either earlier this season or in future events) and get treated by the medical crew and wouldn't mind, please shoot me a PM on here with how you're doing so I can pass it along. One of the medics even refers to you all as "his racers"; all of them take your well being on as a personal mission, and really like getting updates on how you're healing up.

Thanks for the info in advance,
- Ralph (#321, occasional racer and now one of your track EMT's)

jamesfromkent
May 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
You can let them know I'm doing alright and tell them thanks for picking me up. My ankle was sprained pretty badly, nothing broken though and I'm off crutches. The bike didn't need too much work either.

I went down at the end of turn #4 at HPR on 2nd May in MV-O. #170.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3373/4645587125_85693026a5_o.jpg

Munch
May 27th, 2010, 05:43 PM
James, I hope that's framed and proudly displayed :)

Good to meet you on Saturday at PPIR!!!

rforsythe
July 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Bump! Pretty light weekend for the ambulances fortunately, but there were a couple mishaps requiring help...

Islandermyk
July 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I was knocked unconcious (cracking my helmet on the asphalt) and I don't remember my way back from the track to my van, but I do feel that I was well taken care of in that time period by the EMT's, corner workers, and by the MRA's finest. Thank you guys for everything!!!
Aside my bike being busted up a little (should be back together by late August)... I have a sprained/bruised ankle which was x-rayed, a couple of road rashes (big one on my back, small ones on my legs and arms)... and the bump on my head is gone... :lol:
Went to the Doctor to get my ankle checked and was given antibiotics for my road rash... :roll: yup... no pain killers... :?

chrobis
July 14th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Mike -

It's good to hear from you. Hope to see you back out before the end of the season.

Islandermyk
July 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Mike -

It's good to hear from you. Hope to see you back out before the end of the season.

Thanks Chris... I'm setting my sights for HPR August 28... :)