PDA

View Full Version : What did you change on your bike before and during for PPIR

N1K
May 24th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Just curious as I ran into some issues and still to new to know what to do about umm.

KFinn
May 24th, 2010, 02:57 PM
well sat I didn't crash and sun I did. Thats what I changed. So Thats what I plan on changing at HPR round 3 is not crashing again.

freddiewest
May 24th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I worked a lot on suspension setup, rear suspension made the rebound faster, front took out some pre-load and added a little compression....

Changed my gearing a little in the rear, went down a tooth on Sunday, really helped when trying to get the power down and not spinning up the rear tire!!!

This is a 1000cc bike your mileage may differ :D

Also worked on sections of the track in each practice, asked around and observed what lines looked faster to me...

seat time, seat time, seat time!!!

davy4575
May 24th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Im a complete noob, but fwiw, I increased rebound and compression in 2 clicks on the forks to deal with that divet crossing the tunnel and transitioning from bank to apron in turn 1. I stiffened (uhh, you said stiff) my steering stabilizer(toby) in a total of three clicks. for turn 1 and turn 4.

Mostly I just tried to follow quicker guys as long as I could sack up and do it for, to emulate their lines, and try to figure out where to apex at.

I dont know if it makes a diference or is good or bad, but over the course of the endurance race, I steadily shaved 3 seconds off my lap times doing so.

racedk6
May 24th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I worked a lot on suspension setup, rear suspension made the rebound faster, front took out some pre-load and added a little compression....

Changed my gearing a little in the rear, went down a tooth on Sunday, really helped when trying to get the power down and not spinning up the rear tire!!!

This is a 1000cc bike your mileage may differ :D

Also worked on sections of the track in each practice, asked around and observed what lines looked faster to me...

seat time, seat time, seat time!!!

Yeah you def got the power down in AMO. :evil: