PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all for a fantastic race weekend at PPIR

rybo
May 24th, 2010, 07:07 AM
If you were there, you know it was great. If you weren't you should have been!

Thanks to all who participated in this weekends festivities at PPIR. The track management made excellent hosts and are anxious to have us back next season.

It was great to see some new faces, as well as some long time friends returning.

As a high point for me, we had our first SuperStreet converts this weekend as a couple riders have now made the transition and purchased full race licenses! Welcome to the club Michael and Randall!

I hope you all had a great weekend and "re-entry" isn't too bad.

Scott

chrobis
May 24th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Scott -

That's awesome news about the converts.

Can you talk to PPIR mgt about maybe making the track surface a little less abrasive for next year? :lol:

davy4575
May 24th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the back protector loan, the advice and help. Had a blast!

Chadwick929
May 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Rybo especially wants to thank Jenn for the help this weekend.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww191/johnwickrs/DSC_4122.jpg

Desmodromico
May 24th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks Scott and the rest of the board for an awesome event!

Anyone else sitting at their desk this morning hanging off the left side of their chair? PPIR was quite an experience.

Munch
May 24th, 2010, 09:40 AM
It sure ate up tires, and was a physically demanding course but what a fantastic venue! I had half a dozen friends out to watch, and they had a great time as well!

I could really get used to garages on a regular basis too!

I'd love to see the club there 2x in 2011.

d_mob
May 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks Scott and the rest of the board for an awesome event!

Anyone else sitting at their desk this morning hanging off the left side of their chair? PPIR was quite an experience.

That is hilarious Desmo! I was driving to the airport this morning and my left arm was still burning...

PPIR as a track certainly is NOT my favorite, but the facility is top notch. I had a few people out to watch and from a spectator perspective it is certainly the best of the ones we run.

All that being said and even though I am slow as Christmas, I think this past weekend was one of the more fun race weekends that I can remember.

Thanks Peter, Munch, James, E, Jenn, Sam and Scott for making pits 1 & 2 so much fun. The sharing, camaraderie, laughs and support made for a great weekend. Why can't we have garages @ HPR?!?!

Finally, a special congrats to Hot Carl for picking up his first podium finish in AM-U (2nd). You were smokin' fast out there man! Nice job -

PS... Also, congrats to Peter for showing up at the riders meeting and to John Kuo for losing ROR-O. For their spectacular efforts they both took home a shiny new BlackBerry device. Keep an eye out for more of these "contests" / give-aways. If anyone has any funny ideas for next round (e.g. most spectacular wipe out, worst paint job, etc) let me and/or Scott know. :)

rforsythe
May 24th, 2010, 01:53 PM
[quote=Desmodromico]If anyone has any funny ideas for next round (e.g. most spectacular wipe out, worst paint job, etc) let me and/or Scott know. :)

I think the Superstreet guy that wiped out in T3 Saturday should get a prize for most spectacular landing... Watched that guy get tossed up in the air and come down inverted on his head. :x Though I don't think his wife is going to let him come back anymore...

dave.gallant
May 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Though I don't think his wife is going to let him come back anymore...

Maybe he should get a dog instead.

Bartman
May 24th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Dave you have to remember that not everybody knows about the dog peanutbutter trick, or little goats for that matter. :twisted: You sick bastard.

uberwench
May 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Rybo especially wants to thank Jenn for the help this weekend.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww191/johnwickrs/DSC_4122.jpg

Ah, I see Jenn is fixing up the "Motorcycle Roadracing Ass".

Islandermyk
May 24th, 2010, 05:46 PM
"As a high point for me, we had our first SuperStreet converts this weekend"

Thank you everyone for a very warm welcome into the MRA.
In all honesty, I'm still overwhelmed with all the awsome people I met!
And to think... aside trying to be a lil on a competitive level/trying to further develope my riding skills... This shit is freaken fun! :D

Thank you again for a very warm welcome into the MRA.

sheispoison
May 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Finally, a special congrats to Hot Carl for picking up his first podium finish in AM-U (2nd). You were smokin' fast out there man! Nice job -

Thanks Dave! I'm pretty sure that this past weekend was one of the best I've had racing so far! Thanks to the Lithium guys, the MRA crew and most of all Shane Turpin for giving me a verbal lesson in the garage that changed the entire way I ride a motorcycle, that guys a damn genius!
Can't wait for HPR!!!
carl

Motodrew
May 24th, 2010, 05:52 PM
+1

Great riding man!

Sol Performance
May 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
It was a great weekend. Except for the high winds here and there. I thought we might be caught in a dust storm for a minute then figured out it was too late and we already were.

Thanks very much for a great round guys. I had a blast watching!!

freddiewest
May 25th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for a great weekend!!! Really enjoyed the race Drew!!! We kept it clean and fast!!! Grubbs you and me buddy !!!! another great race, I just came out a little better this time......

Thanks to all the corner workers for keeping us out of the wet spots and cheering us on it was a wonderful experience....

So many expert riders that helped us novices get faster appreciate the time and patience you all give us....

Looking forward to HPR!!!!!! in June

random hero
May 25th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I'd also like to say thanks for everyone.... Once again MRA showed how great of a bunch they are this weekend. I've never been around such a friendly, fun group in any sort of racing. My family came out Sunday and also commented on how everyone was friendly and a family atmosphere.... MRA is doing things right! See you all @ HPR :lol:

coax
May 25th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Well, as a spectator, that was a fantastic Sunday for me! It must have been hella expensive to hold the races at that venue, but to actually be able to watch the battles on 9/10ths of the track was priceless!

Some of my highlights were; seeing Shane Turpin get out of a wheelchair to mount his racebike and be competitive (What passion and I don't even know the guy), getting to meet Shannon Moham (only racing 8 classes this year?), watching that "Beast of a KTM" RC8(?) go like it was shot out of a cannon, the two Kawis going tooth and nail from start to finish near the back of the pack like it was for the lead, and the general electric atmosphere of the racing crowd.

I second getting another race at that venue next year. I bet the crowd will be much bigger after hearing about this event!