PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Compounds at PPIR

nobasin
May 20th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Pirelli riders, what compounds and pressures are you running f/r at PPIR? I am on a budget so I am running supercorsa pros, not diablos. To help out everybody running either pros or diablos, please just specify which tire you are talking about in responses so we can differentiate.

Mike-

dave.gallant
May 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Bike?

nobasin
May 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
"Bike?"

Rather underpowered (no power commander) 2001 Honda f4i, but with suspension very dialed in and a slow to medium paced novice pilot who has never raced at PPIR. And Dave, saw your response on the other thread, and will definitely hit up Rob/Jason for as much info as possible, but it's always nice to hear from a variety of sources. I know you've been on Pirellis forever so definitely value your input.

dave.gallant
May 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
The below is just my opinion based off what has worked for me and some others in the past:

Pros work very well at PPIR and you can almost never go wrong with a SC2/SC2, and with a PRO I do not suggest an SC3 (where as I would and do like the SC3 in the Diablos). As you are probably aware, Pros are less sensitive to rebound/spring and pressure setups but the track lends itself to tearing up rears more than fronts. I suggest taking out all of the rebound in the rear that you can stand and maybe even adding a bit of spring to keep it a little higher in the travel versus working the tire so hard on the exits (within traction reason of course) IF you find youself with a rear tire that is showing signs of being overworked.

Go up in pressures in the morning when the track is green by a few pounds. It will keep you from tearing when the track is cold.

Make sure you have the tires on the warmers for as long as you can stand it before hitting the track, and check your pressures right before you go out and right as you come back in. Having the tire hot hot hot before you hit the track will keep it together and working at its best, and no -- you can't overcook a Pirelli.

On a 600 with a Pro, I would start at 32F/30R as your target PSI off the track then adjust as needed for wear.

There will be a few long time P riders at the track this weekend that were not at HPR, so feel free to find us and ask any questions you may have. Reading a Pirelli is relatively easy as long as the suspension/temp/pressures are close.

hcr25
May 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM
:wink: Cant wait.

dave.gallant
May 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM

Exactly one of those people I was hinting about...;)

nobasin
May 20th, 2010, 12:24 PM

Yup, one of the same guys I was thinking would post up on this thread as well and one of the good guys who was big in helping me through my first MRA season back in '07.

dave.gallant
May 20th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Yup, one of the same guys I was thinking would post up on this thread as well and one of the good guys who was big in helping me through my first MRA season back in '07.

He helped me with my first season back in 1997.

(and still does to this day)

sheispoison
May 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Stoked you're gonna be there this weekend Mike!
carl

hcr25
May 20th, 2010, 07:24 PM

Mike, come and find me or Dave G. If you have not met Rob from Lithium we will introduce you and get you taken care of.
Mike

LMsports
May 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys for getting on this for me!