PDA

View Full Version : Another nub PPIR question

iliam
May 19th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Hey all,

Getting ready for my first MRA race this weekend. Can't wait!! I was just wondering if the vets out there have any advice for a new rider at PPIR. A little about me, this will be my first time at PPIR, I've been watching all the videos on YouTube to at least get an idea of the track, and it seems very different than HPR(the only track I've been too). I plan on practicing all day Friday to learn the track. I appreciate any advice and look forward to seeing you all out there this weekend.

-Wil

rybo
May 19th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Hi Will,

PPIR is a VERY different track than HPR.

First the good news:

The track is short and you can walk and see a bunch of it from the infield. This means you can go and watch others lines through corners pretty easily and get some idea of where you should be on the track. The course is only 1.3 miles long and has 7 turns, so you're going to be busy, but it's fun to ride there.

The only advice I have for you is basic "track learning" advice. Go out and go 60%-70% of your usual pace for the first session. Get an idea of where the track goes and see where the faster riders are on the track at each point. Learning pikes is pretty straight forward. I would say that the path from 5 through 7 is the most difficult part of the track to learn as the chicane at the end really sets up the last corner and your drive onto the straight to start finish.

See you out there!

Scott