PDA

View Full Version : Don't come to HPR without reading this

Bartman
May 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Bike prep will held to a higher standard for round 2 and beyond..., stock case covers on the left will not be allowed from this point on. If you can't get one or one is not made for your bike you have to at least brace in some way. If you have any doubts about your bike ask and I will tell you what you need.98 % of all the bikes out there need the left side cover.
Round one I allowed a few by for the first weekend but unless you are running Superstreet you need to come with a complete bike down to the last wire. Most common thing missed on the first round was water drain bolts so check yours and make sure.
Superstreet riders you need to have GOOD tires for this weekend for sure.
Also I and a couple of others will be doing spot checks at pregrid, any bike out of spec will be sent back to the pits for wiring before being allowed back on the track. Don't be that guy it's not worth the risk.
Bartman

Electroman
May 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
What about twins? Do SV650s need anything?

Bartman
May 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Here is a list of motorcycles that are exempt from needing covers. I will add to the list as questions come up.
SV650
EX250
EX500
EX650
SV-TL 1000
ALL DUCATIS
RSV1000
RC8
SINGLE CYL ANYTHING
FZR-YZF600-750
Most twins are narrow enough that no covers are needed, Ducatis I recommend a waterpump cover in billet.
Also recommended but not required is a right side cover or brace.
Most of this applies to 4 cyl machines since the motor almot always hits the ground and can break or grind through a stock cover very quickly and oil the track and instead of 1 crash we could have many.

cromer611
May 18th, 2010, 09:19 PM
03-06 zx6s are dumb, they offer a aftermarket timing cover but the Clutch cover, which is bigger, always hits the ground at the same time as the timing cover.
damn kawis

Jon
May 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
That's why their green.......with envy of all the bikes around them :D

davy4575
May 19th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I have a heavy duty nrc case on, pervious owner did some pavement sculpting of it via a lowside, do I need to change it out, or is it ok? still holding fine

cromer611
May 19th, 2010, 10:17 PM
That's why their green.......with envy of all the bikes around them :D

deep burn :oops:

dragos13
May 20th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I have a heavy duty nrc case on, pervious owner did some pavement sculpting of it via a lowside, do I need to change it out, or is it ok? still holding fine

You are ok so long as its not ground all the way through.

Bartman
May 20th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Aftermarket covers can take a multitude of crashes, I have never seen one wear thru.

cactusjack
May 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I came pretty darn close on Suzy last year!!! Three right-hand lowsides, though on two of them the bike flipped and chewed up that left-hand cover pretty good!

Nice thing about the Kawi clutch covers is that they are dirt cheap used and thus easy to keep a spare or two. After they take some chewin', I just put on a new one so I don't have to worry about it busting all the way through.

Jon
May 20th, 2010, 11:30 PM
What the hell is a TL 1000?

Bartman
May 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
The TL1000 was a failed experiment by Suzuki back in the 90s, if memory servers there was a cheater one running around the MRA for a few years until he decided to cheat big on Ducatis. Actually there were a few of you crazy bastards back then and most of you are on Ducks now. :lol:

beavis
June 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I have a Kawai and was unable to find a clutch cover as well. But check me out in the pits #134 and see what I did to protect it.

Bartman
June 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Best setup for the Kwakis is made by FactoryPro, rightside timing cover with a slider long enough to keep the clutch cover off the ground.

vort3xr6
June 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Bart,

Are the MotoR case covers good enough on the gsxr 600.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/catalog/DSC_0012a%5B1%5Dth.jpg

Bartman
June 4th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Yep that will work fine, I don't think a whole clutch cover will ever be made and if it was it would be way expensive. To be clear a right side cover is not required for the GSXRs but it is a good idea.

vort3xr6
June 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I have both sides but just wanted to clarify.