PDA

View Full Version : Video of new PPIR Turn 1

rforsythe
May 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I was playing around with a POV.1 camera on the new R2SL 2-up bike today and made this clip of a lap and a half around Pikes, including two passes through the new configuration for turn 1 you will be racing this weekend.

The main difference is that the cone line has been extended down the straight, and the turn itself has been made more fluid and less point and shoot. A number of MRA riders and other crew were there working on this, and a lot of input went into making sure this was (a) safer for you, and (b) still a pantload of fun! Hopefully everyone has a good time with it.

The video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm0hNK0Lqfw

glenngsxr
May 18th, 2010, 07:52 AM
def looks a lot smoother and takes a lot of the lean angle out of the transition from bank to flat. Good job everyone who was out there with input. Glenn #62

bluedevil
May 18th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Looks like its gonna be no biggie.
now if they will just let up view the races from the roof top again like the ole days... :wink:

dragos13
May 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM
now if they will just let up view the races from the roof top again like the ole days... :wink:

I'm really hoping we get to go on top again. I watched a race in 07 from up there and it was awesome :)

Scored51
May 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM
There has been a phenomenal amount of work to the old press building. Yesterday, I did actually take the elevator to the roof and it is all new up there and still a great vantage point to see the entire track. The stairs were not blocked either, but we should just make sure it is open to all before storming up there.

rforsythe
May 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM

Not earth shattering, but it definitely changes the dynamics of that turn so it's worth giving it a bit of time in practice.

cromer611
May 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
turn 1 isnt the worst of your problems anymore, now its the water that comes through the cracks when the track heats up from the sun : ) bring your tear offs : P

rforsythe
May 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM
turn 1 isnt the worst of your problems anymore, now its the water that comes through the cracks when the track heats up from the sun : ) bring your tear offs : P

Seriously, WTF was that about? You could have caught trout in a couple places out there yesterday.

cromer611
May 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM
it just adds some excitement : ) and pucker factor every lap

OUTLAWD
May 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM
bring your tear offs : P

speaking of...are there any dealers around that carry tear-offs? I have been looking around a bit with no luck...

motobum
May 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
bring your tear offs : P

speaking of...are there any dealers around that carry tear-offs? I have been looking around a bit with no luck...

your have to buy the shield for your brand helmet

OUTLAWD
May 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I have the shields with the pins for the tear-offs, and I know the tear-offs are specific per helmet brand, but was just wondering if anyone stocked them at all...I think the Shoeis and HJCs take the same tear-offs.

JimWilson29
May 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
these are very inexpensive and work well- http://www.ronoco.com/rr_superthins.htm

cromer611
May 19th, 2010, 09:28 AM
come grab me at the vanmar pits, I ordered 2 packets of 10 tear offs. so i can spot ya some. : ) also if i have time ill show ya how to put them on and keep them tight.
I can get you some through my work and they are pretty cheap. like 14bucks or something for a packet of 10.