PDA

View Full Version : New MRA racer

Greenlawn Racing
May 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I'm thinking of racing with your club at High Plains next month and had a few questions.

I'm sure its out there, but I couldn't find the schedule for that event. Is there one on your website?

What is your race format? Is it practice Friday, race Sat/Sun?

What are the expert lightweight grids like? I race an SV and was curious as to how popular that class is in your club. I looked at the results from your last event, but couldn't differentiate between novice and expert.

Thanks!

T Baggins
May 17th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Here's a start... I'll let others chime in to answer your other questions

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10406

KFinn
May 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'll help with the season schedule in case you plan on doing multiple events.....

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9678

oldtimer
May 18th, 2010, 12:16 PM
What is your race format? Is it practice Friday, race Sat/Sun?

We have Friday practice before every race weekend at every track, with SV eligible races on both Saturday and Sunday.

For learning a new track you'll probably be interested in LW Endurance, it's a solo 30 minute race that runs on Saturday. There are SV eligible sprints on both days, check out our rulebook for class rules...

http://www.mra-racing.org/PDF/2010MRARulebook.pdf

What are the expert lightweight grids like? I race an SV and was curious as to how popular that class is in your club. I looked at the results from your last event, but couldn't differentiate between novice and expert.

Thanks!

They're great! Lots of SV's, EX650, a few 2 strokes. We look forward to having you at the next HPR round!

Greenlawn Racing
May 19th, 2010, 09:55 AM
When I look at the results, are they combined AM/EX? IE when I look at LW GP I see eight racers....is that the total combined grid?

rybo
May 19th, 2010, 10:45 AM
We differentiate in a different way in the MRA:

We have

Novice only classes (novice GTU/ GTO)

Amateur Classes (Amateur GTU / GTO, Endurance, Sportsman and Ladies of the Rockies)

And expert only classes (all others)

There are some exceptions made for some of our smaller classes like LWGP and SuperTwins where novices are allowed to race with the experts with the permission of our new rider director. In these cases they are scored WITH the experts not separately. The scoring is for the class of the race, not the classification of the rider.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Scott

GSXRScott
May 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
If that's you Rich they are racing at PPIR (roval :( ) this weekend. The next round after that is on June 12th & 13th at HPR. You are more than welcome to sack out my couch that weekend. Give me a call if you plan to make the trip.

Greenlawn Racing
May 24th, 2010, 06:29 AM

We have

Amateur Classes (Amateur GTU / GTO, Endurance, Sportsman and Ladies of the Rockies)

There are some exceptions made for some of our smaller classes like LWGP and SuperTwins where novices are allowed to race with the experts with the permission of our new rider director. In these cases they are scored WITH the experts not separately. The scoring is for the class of the race, not the classification of the rider.

Scott

You mention that novices are allowed to race with experts in LWGP and Supertwins. What about Amateurs? Are they not allowed to race in these classes?

Greenlawn Racing
May 24th, 2010, 06:35 AM
If that's you Rich they are racing at PPIR (roval :( ) this weekend. The next round after that is on June 12th & 13th at HPR. You are more than welcome to sack out my couch that weekend. Give me a call if you plan to make the trip.
Its me brother! If things go well at Hallett this weekend, Jen and I are thinking of treking to HPR. How close is that to you?

rybo
May 24th, 2010, 07:02 AM

We have

Scott

You mention that novices are allowed to race with experts in LWGP and Supertwins. What about Amateurs? Are they not allowed to race in these classes?

This is the confusing part and I understand especially if you're coming from another part of the country.

We do not have a classification of rider called "amateur". We only have Novice and Expert.

We DO have a race category called Amateur, and in that race category both Novices and Experts are allowed to ride.

GSXRScott
May 24th, 2010, 08:07 PM
It's just under an hour from my house to track.