PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Left Clip-on for 2008 R1

Chadwick929
May 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I need a left clip-on for a 2008 Yamaha R1. I was putting my bar end back on and there was some locktite in there from before and it got hard to put the screw back in and it broke off. Tried to tap it out here @ work but it didn't like us. Soooooo I need a new clip on. :evil: So, if you have one, let me know. Just looking for the stock one, unless you have a good deal on some aftermarkets. Thanks.

rybo
May 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Wicky,

If you drill it from the bottom it will thread it's own way out.

You should be able to easily salvage what you've got.

s

Chadwick929
May 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Wicky,

If you drill it from the bottom it will thread it's own way out.

You should be able to easily salvage what you've got.

s
Drill it from the bottom?

rybo
May 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM
The threads on mine go all the way through, so you should be able to see the bottom of the bolt.

I guess it may not be the case on yours.

s

Chadwick929
May 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
On, no, it doesn't go all the way through, if we're thinking the same thing. Here's a pic of the problem area. It's #3 that's the issue. That part is stuck in there pretty well, so I don't know if I'd be able to just replace the #3 part.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww191/johnwickrs/steeringhandlecable.gif

Throttleroller277
May 14th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Number 3 is just pressed in. Not sure what an easy way would be to get it out though.

I have a stock clip on, need to make sure it's strait though. The bike took a bit of a tumble :oops: 8)

rybo
May 14th, 2010, 03:10 PM
ahhhh,

I was thinking of the wrong part.

In this case I would use a hammer and a punch, drive part #3 further into the bar and just replace part #3 with a new one instead of replacing the entire clip on....

s

Chadwick929
May 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Number 3 is just pressed in. Not sure what an easy way would be to get it out though.

I have a stock clip on, need to make sure it's strait though. The bike took a bit of a tumble :oops: 8)
I have a dremel.... :twisted:

Let me know how it looks. I could pick it up this weekend.

Throttleroller277
May 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Scott's Idea is a good one, but if I recall correctly the inside of the bar is machined so that you cannot do such a thing, as in... the I.D./wall thickness of the bar increases just beyond the insert... I could be wrong though.

Chadwick929
May 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Scott's Idea is a good one, but if I recall correctly the inside of the bar is machined so that you cannot do such a thing, as in... the I.D./wall thickness of the bar increases just beyond the insert... I could be wrong though.
I talked to the parts and the service guys over @ G-Force, looks like I'm going to order that damper part and cut the old one out. What do I have to loose right?

Throttleroller277
May 14th, 2010, 03:40 PM
[quote=Throttleroller277] looks like I'm going to order that damper part and cut the old one out. What do I have to loose right?

A finger.... but according to Ray Ray, you don't need all of them anyway...
8)

Chadwick929
May 14th, 2010, 04:16 PM
[quote=Throttleroller277] looks like I'm going to order that damper part and cut the old one out. What do I have to loose right?

8)

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/oh_snap.jpg

Ray-Ray
May 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM
8)

#-o #-o #-o #-o :roll: :shock: ](*,)