PDA

View Full Version : Free food for MRA@Invesco Field till 5pm

JimWilson29
May 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM
We have about 30 pallets of food still at the Feeding the Children charity event at Invesco Field and it has to be gone today. Come down and take what you want.

Jon
May 12th, 2010, 07:08 PM
It was rather sad to see this event not turn out better than it did.
I'm afraid the word either didn't get out amongst some of the bigger radio and TV stations, the people who needed it most didn't have a way to get there or the weather was the deterrent.
Regardless I contacted Boulder Homeless shelter and they simply did not have anyone available to go pick it up.Really wished I'd loaded my truck before I left. I hope it found a happy home with those who could use it. Jim any ideas on what eventually happened?

JimWilson29
May 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Jon, we had a huge rush at 4 and everything was gone by 5!

Jon
May 12th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Good to hear and thanks for doing what you do. It was a fun event which I'd like to be a part of in the future

oldtimer
May 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped with this event, and most of all thanks to Jim Wilson for organizing it! We had a big turn out around lunch time, then it sounds like the mad rush after work. I'm glad so many people in need were helped, I'd be happy to donate time again next year. Thanks Jim!