PDA

View Full Version : Cheater Scooters (Bartman, this thread is for you!)

dave.gallant
May 9th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I have a Malaguti F12 Phantom that is not happy. In keeping with the cheater-thread, it is time to do what MRA racer's do best and turn small lightweight bikes into unreliable cheating machines!

OK OK -So, it will only be 70cc.

Who has parts/combination expertise for the Minarelli Jog Yamaha 50cc scooter engine (air cooled old school horizontal model). I am thinking 70cc with pipe and CDI. Bart/Brian -- you out there?

What'cha guys build out there and how did it work out?

rybo
May 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Dave,

My zuma is 70cc and has the horizontal engine in it.

Mine has a Athena 70cc kit and custom made (aluminum foil) headgasket. No CDI mod, but it does have the leo vince pipe on it.

It's a noticeable improvement over stock and we clocked it on the GPS at Miller at 48 MPH with 2 people on it.

rforsythe
May 10th, 2010, 06:34 AM
It's a noticeable improvement over stock and we clocked it on the GPS at Miller at 48 MPH with 2 people on it.

Sheila clocked it at an altitude of about 3 feet before it ate her for dinner too. :shock:

dave.gallant
May 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Cool - How many main jets did you go up? Stock carb otherwise?

Do you have the 50cc pipe or the 70cc pipe on it?

Bartman
May 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Mine has the Athena 70cc kit, delorto carb, leo 50cc zx pipe and a clutch kit don't remember which. Clutch tuning is everything so set it up to pull about 500 RPM off peak and bring on the wheelies. Put the Booper tires on it and you are ready for the races. If money is no object then put on the taller gears and CDI and also a new crank.

Remember Dave it's not cheating until you are caught, until then it's just fun. :lol:

rybo
May 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Cool - How many main jets did you go up? Stock carb otherwise?

Do you have the 50cc pipe or the 70cc pipe on it?

Dave

The motor was rich to begin with, so stuck with stock jet sizing and it's really close. (at least by looking at the plug)

No other carb mods

50cc leo

dave.gallant
May 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Mine has the Athena 70cc kit, delorto carb, leo 50cc zx pipe and a clutch kit don't remember which. Remember Dave it's not cheating until you are caught, until then it's just fun. :lol:

Parts list and prices please!!!! :)