PDA

View Full Version : Chicane Trackdays - June 6, 2010 at HPR

rybo
May 6th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Chicane Trackdays and Boulder Motorsports are once again teaming up to offer the best trackday experience in Colorado.

Sunday, June 6th 2010 we will be at Colorado's newest roadracing facility - High Plains Raceway.

We take great pride in our trackday events from having an ambulance on site, to our fully trained safety team to our high quality instructors, every part of the day is designed around the principles of safety and fun.

Boulder Motorsports will be providing lunch for all registered participants.

THIS JUST IN! I've just arranged a special program with On the Marc Photography!

All riders at this event will be provided with one free digital download from the On the Marc site after the event!

Riding on a weekend at Colorado's premier roadracing facility, coaching and instruction from some of the best riders in our community, a photo of yourself on the track having fun taken by On the Marc Photography, lunch provided by the fine folks at Boulder Motorsports and the best track management crew available. What's stopping you?

Please click below to sign up and join us!

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

rybo
May 27th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Get signed up soon, as spots are going pretty fast.

Making a BIG push at WSBK this weekend!

Jon
May 27th, 2010, 01:56 PM
It would be cool if Boulder Motorsports could do like they did last year for this event and have their rider out. I'd love to meet Haga and Michelle and better yet get some instruction. Are you guys working on anything like that for this years event?

rybo
June 3rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Chicane Trackdays and Boulder Motor Sports would like to say thank you to everyone who has already signed up for the June 6th Trackday at High Plains Raceway. If you haven't already signed up there is still space available. Please see www.chicanetrackdays.com/register.html for more information. Full day pricing only is available for pre-registration. There is a $20 discount for registering for a full day online before the event. Half days will only be available at the track and will cost $120.

Weather
The weather forecast is outstanding for June 6th with sunny skies predicted and temps in the 80's and 90's. Be sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen, this is going to be a great day!

Here is the "what you need to know" for the day!

Directions

High Plains Raceway: 93301 E Highway 36, Deertrail, Colorado 80105 Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.

Schedule

6:00 AM - Gates Open
6:45 -Registration and Tech Open
7:40 - All Riders meeting at the new pavilion
8:00 - Track goes hot (Advanced Group)
8:20 - Intermediate Group
8:40 - Beginner Group

This rotation will continue, with the advanced group from :00-:20, the intermediate group from :20-:40 and the beginner group from :40-:00 until lunch.

12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch will be provided to all participants by Boulder Motor Sports.

1:00 - Track Hot for our afternoon sessions following the same rotation as we used in the morning.

5:00 PM - The track will go cold for the day.

Preparation

Please review the information at http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/how.html for preparation of your bike and equipment requirements for this event.

New Trackday Riders

If you've never been on the track before, or it's been a while we will have a full compliment of instructors available to assist you! The classroom session for new riders will begin promptly at 8:00 AM in the pavilion where we hold our riders meeting, with the first on track session beginning promptly at 8:40. Please come prepared, you're in for a very exciting day!

Vendors

Chicane partners with some superb vendors to make this day the best possible experience. The following vendors will be at the June 6th Event:

Tire Service by Vanmar Racing
Vanmar Racing will be onsite offering tire service. Vanmar sells Michelin tires.

Advanced Rider Coaching by Vanmar Racing
Mark Schellinger will be offering video coaching sessions at the event in 5 lap blocks. Pre-ride coaching, followed by an on track session, followed by video analysis. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. Please sign up at the Vanmar pit area.

Suspension Tuning Service by Single Track Mind
Dave Rose from Single Track Mind will be present at the track for suspension tuning services. Dave will be located near the Chicane Registration area and has limited spaces available to work with riders throughout the day. Again, this service is available on a first come first serve basis.

Photography by On the Marc Photography
Marc Williams and John Chadwick of On the Marc Photography will be on site all day taking pictures of riders on the track! As a special arrangement all participants will receive one (1) free downloadable photo of themselves from Marc after the event. Sign up for this benefit at the registration table. Along with the free photo you will receive a special offer by email for a CD loaded with all of the pictures of you from this event.

Two-Up Rides
I'm sorry to announce that due to insurance regulations 2-Up rides will not be available at this event

Camping

I'm sorry, but camping will not be available at the track the night before this event.

Questions

If you have any questions please send me an e-mail at scott@chicanetrackdays.com

I look forward to seeing you all at the track!

Scott

rybo
June 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
It would be cool if Boulder Motorsports could do like they did last year for this event and have their rider out. I'd love to meet Haga and Michelle and better yet get some instruction. Are you guys working on anything like that for this years event?

Jon,

I'm sorry to say that we were indeed working on it, but the riders all had obligations in Europe immediately after the SBK races in Utah. Most were on planes back to the EU on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Scott

Jon
June 3rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
Scott,
I understand,and believe it or not even a lowly privateer like myself had other obligations and was actually driving home Sunday night after the races. The boys ( 7 3/4 year old twins) slept from about Laramie on and started camp at 8:45 Monday morning. I headed to the project at 9 and then we were all back in bed and fast asleep by 9:15 PM