PDA

View Full Version : PPIR Track Day - Monday, May 17

Sprtbkbabe
May 3rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
PPIR has agreed to add another track day to this month's schedule :P

Previously, they only had "the following test days for Bikes on the road course this month: Today, May 10th, 21st, and 31st."

That means if you've never been on the track and want to get practice in Monday before MRA race #2, you can.

Their requirements are:

"In terms of experience/credentials. I would prefer track day school graduates and licensed racers only"

Thanks,
Paul Jensen
Track Manager, PPIR

You can find additional info here: http://www.ppir.com/

BTW- I only asked them to consider opening it up since I have the day off already (I need all the practice I can get). It was super cool of them to pencil it in for us!

cromer611
May 3rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
schweet! any idea if the turn 1 chicane will be set up for the 17th?

Sprtbkbabe
May 3rd, 2010, 08:53 PM
According to PPIR:

The course set-up work was supposed to have been done today by the MRA. They are making the decisions as to how to chicane turn one, and were going to mark the course today but did not show up. I spoke to Scott Rybarik and he said he and his crew were too wiped out after the weekend to come out. Hopefully this can happen soon. The bikes that were out today ran with no chicane.
Thanks,
Paul

mtrain
May 4th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Turn 1 chicane? That's lame. Too bad there isn't enough safety equipment to allow us to run turn 1 the old fashion way. I know why it needs to be changed, but holy shit that corner makes you pucker up :shock: it's hard to get that anywhere else.

Mtrain.

Throttleroller277
May 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM

Turn 1 chicane? That's lame. Too bad there isn't enough safety equipment to allow us to run turn 1 the old fashion way. I know why it needs to be changed, but holy shit that corner makes you pucker up :shock: it's hard to get that anywhere else.

Mtrain.

We have re-scheduled to go out and do some more "testing" for the new configuration before the next round.

As far as a Chicane being lame..... Brad Hendry and I did some riding there last year , trying several different layouts, and what we came up with was still very fast, and exciting.

rybo
May 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
According to PPIR:

The course set-up work was supposed to have been done today by the MRA. They are making the decisions as to how to chicane turn one, and were going to mark the course today but did not show up. I spoke to Scott Rybarik and he said he and his crew were too wiped out after the weekend to come out. Hopefully this can happen soon. The bikes that were out today ran with no chicane.
Thanks,
Paul

"Wiped out" is the appropriate term for me I guess.

We will be going on the 17th to do this work. See you all there.

Mtrain- There probably isn't enough airfence in the country to keep the old configuration and keep it safe.

Scott

Jon
May 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe you should head down to the big D and try that turn one!
The MRA balances what's safe for the club racer while preparing you for your challenges ahead.

rforsythe
May 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I think the chicane will be a minor change to the circuit, for a measurable increase in safety in turn one. If it prevents a recurrence of Clarkie's crash it's worth it IMO, because statistically speaking if that happened again the next rider probably wouldn't be as lucky.

I've seen/helped with the plans and am helping set it up on the 17th, and believe me a lot of time has gone into making sure we extract max fun-factor out of a necessary safety upgrade. "By racers, for racers", as it were.

Obviously it'll change some tactical strategies in T1, so I encourage folks to come down on the 17th or 21st and get some time in before the race weekend so you know how to properly stuff your friends passing them there. :twisted: