PDA

View Full Version : PPIR

sikwitit
May 3rd, 2010, 04:55 PM
Wanted to know if anyone knew how the weekend will work at ppir. Who do we contact to pay for the Friday practice? Can we show up Thursday night? How does the camping work if there is any? All that kind of shit

N1K
May 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Lurk on lurkers

N1K
May 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Over one hundred views eh
anyways Wesley. Here's what I've found I'll pm you though feels wierd with all these people watching me. I keep hearing that beat I always feel like somebodies watching me..I can't sleep I'm in the dope game I always feel like somebody out to get me Mann. Lol

racedk6
May 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Considering it is under new management, nobody knows the rules yet for sure. Im assuming the board members will post up what is allowed and what not when they have a for sure answer.

8)

rybo
May 7th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Here's how it works:

Friday practice is being run by the track. Cost is $150 and you can pay at the gate. They will be using our configuration that day.

You can move equipment into the track from 5:00 to 8:00 PM on Thursday night, but at this point they will not be allowing people to camp there on Thursday night.

Saturday we will resume our normal race schedule.

There are a limited number of RV spots available with power. There are standard 50 amp RV power points and they cost $50 for the weekend, again payable to PPIR.

Coming soon: The MRA has secured the south garages for the event. Please keep your eyes open for a "garage rental" page in the near future with all the details.

s

sikwitit
May 7th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Fuckin LURKERS :evil:

N1K
May 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Couple questions
1.where is pre grid?
2.I remember watching ama from here finsh line is on the tri oval?
3. where do we start from and will the lights be the same?
4. since the track is so small will the laps be more then 7 in sprints and will the endro be changed at all?
Thanks guys
Nik

jdub
May 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Will they let us camp there Friday night after practice? Kind of need to know this as soon as possible.

OUTLAWD
May 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Will they let us camp there Friday night after practice? Kind of need to know this as soon as possible.

^^

same here...

racedk6
May 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
We will probably find this out on Monday when they go down to setup the track.

N1K
May 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Yes you guys can camp thurs night for Friday gates close at 8 though Now Friday they close at 9. Same for the rest of the weekend

rybo
May 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Just spoke with Paul at PPIR:

Camping will be permitted both Thursday and Friday nights at the track.

The paddock is basically open to wherever you'd like to camp, but please don't camp / pit inside the garages or in-between the garage buildings. The space between the garage buildings will be for vendors or ambulance crew as needed.

Also, if you aren't using power, please do not camp / park in the RV power post locations.

Thanks

Scott

OUTLAWD
May 15th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Just spoke with Paul at PPIR:

Camping will be permitted both Thursday and Friday nights at the track.

The paddock is basically open to wherever you'd like to camp, but please don't camp / pit inside the garages or in-between the garage buildings. The space between the garage buildings will be for vendors or ambulance crew as needed.

aww shucks...i was going to roll my sleeping bag out next to the bike and use my tire warmers as a blanket

N1K
May 15th, 2010, 11:12 AM
See ya guys there Friday !!!

oldtimer
May 15th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Couple questions
1.where is pre grid?
2.I remember watching ama from here finsh line is on the tri oval?
3. where do we start from and will the lights be the same?
4. since the track is so small will the laps be more then 7 in sprints and will the endro be changed at all?
Thanks guys
Nik

Nik here are speed answers...

Pre-grid gathers at the entrance to hot pit lane, as I recall there's a cone lane for bikes in/out of the hot pit. Start/Finish is a big checkered line on the front banking. We start from hot pit lane on the flat part of the track, using the same light system--we own the light and take it with us from track to track. Sprint races will be 10 laps at PPIR, and endurance is still timed at 30 minutes. So if you're doing a 1:00 lap time that will be 30 laps. :)

See you on Friday!

N1K
May 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Thank you very much. Weather looks hella nice mids 70s no rain all weekend.

Motodrew
May 19th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Are they offering a half day practice price for Friday?

random hero
May 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Are they offering a half day practice price for Friday?

I was told no, because they run an "abbreviated" trackday... starts @ 10am, and ends at 4pm I believe

Motodrew
May 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks.

NossLou
May 20th, 2010, 12:33 AM
so gates close at 8 thursday night if I read that right? Can I hop the fence and come drink beers with the others, am not going to make it by eight maybe 9:30 :lol: Plus I need someone to drag my ass around Friday in the first few session to show me lines and BR-Pts.... I have never even seen PPIR except from I25.... not even on the TV...

vort3xr6
May 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Have a good weekend everybody! I will be sure and throw down $100 on Red for the MRA! See you round 3!

auzzy
May 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
don't worry lenski! my first race was there......i crashed :-({|= :wink:

oldtimer
May 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Have a good weekend everybody! I will be sure and throw down $100 on Red for the MRA! See you round 3!

Have fun getting married!

rybo
May 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Almost everything you need to know:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10958