PDA

View Full Version : PUEBLO VENDORS - READ THIS! - **UPDATED 6/14/10**

T Baggins
May 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
I received these from Tom Abbott at Pueblo Motorsports Park. In speaking with him about this, I take it to mean that ANYONE WHO SELLS ANYTHING at the racetrack needs to make prior arrangements with them AND must now have a CITY OF PUEBLO VENDORS LICENSE...

To: All Renters of Pueblo Motorsports Park

EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2010

All vendors/ supplies MUST go through the PMP office prior

to scheduling any concessions/supplies at the track.

Any supplies, concessions or other items you may desire, please contact Park personnel for assistance.

Also, we have on hand the correct oil dry that is specifically designed for our application.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tom Abbott
PMP Track Manager
719-696-0373
tabbott@pueblo.us

and then I received this last week:

NOTICE TO ALL VENDORS AT PUEBLO MOTORSPORTS PARK

EFFECTIVE 6/10/10 ALL VENDORS MUST POSSESS A PUEBLO CITY VENDORS LICENSE.

PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY OF YOUR LICENSE FOR MY FILES.

Thank you,

Tom Abbott < tabbott@pueblo.us>

PMP Track Manager.

Jon
May 14th, 2010, 10:33 PM
In regards to this. Has any of our vendors called Pueblo to see what these new rules are? I have heard that they are charging some fee which, in this day and age is normal, but it was hinted that they went so far as to ask for a percentage of sales as well? This I would find somewhat alarming. I would, not that I care because I don't vend, but would suggest someone who does get some clarity before our arrival down there in the sunny south.
I know that PMP went through a management change or two certainly since Erlene but judging just from that message would wonder what or who we might find and how we might be treated as lowly Biker trash that we are. I'll still eat at Giacamos but will I still want to race at PMP. Oh boy how do you say it? "The times, they are changing"

Bartman
May 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Jonny we are looking into it and most of the vendors have been in touch with PMP and voiced our dislike for the new rules. I have put the question to the CMC wednesday and none of the car clubs had heard anything about it till I brought it up. So right about now everybody who goes to PMP is putting the preasure on them to see the light. A vendor fee is not a big deal as long as it is reasonable.
The one thing that did come out of the CMC that was positive is this, we have a signed contract with PMP for the first round and no mention of a vendor fee so we do have some leverage to work with as a club.

T Baggins
May 25th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I have just confirmed with Tom Abbott at Pueblo that they have agreed to the following:

$50 Vendor Fee - per vendor - per event

They have waived the "% of total sales" fee for 2010

ALL vendors MUST pay the $50 vendor fee, no exceptions.

ALL vendors MUST make prior arrangements with Tom Abbott prior to the event.

On the plus side, it has been explained to me that the City of Pueblo has essentially set the Honor Farm Property (upon which PMP sits) as a "small business" for lack of a better term. What that means is that any profits they make AT THE PROPERTY will be retained AT THE PROPERTY and will be reinvested into all of the facilities (motocross, roadrace, drag strip, etc...).

So while nobody likes to pay extra fees, if they indeed make some money and are able to reinvest it into the track - then it's a win-win for all of us.

dave.gallant
May 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Are vendors who do not take cash but provide a free service required to pay?

How about photographers?

T Baggins
May 25th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Are vendors who do not take cash but provide a free service required to pay?

How about photographers?

All's I'm told is that ALL vendors must coordinate with the track in advance... it will be up to them to decide who pays what. I'm stayin' out of it! :lol:

T Baggins
June 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Another update from Pueblo:

NOTICE TO ALL VENDORS AT PUEBLO MOTORSPORTS PARK

EFFECTIVE 6/10/10 ALL VENDORS MUST POSSESS A PUEBLO CITY VENDORS

LICENSE.

PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY OF YOUR LICENSE FOR MY FILES.

Thank you,

Tom Abbott tabbott@pueblo.us

PMP Track Manager.

jbrowning
September 5th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Tony, I was wondering if the vendors need to go through Tom again for this coming race or is there someone else we need to talk to? I thought I had heard there was a new track manager at Pueblo this time around.

Thank you
Jim Browning

NossLou
September 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Do we need a license if we are selling ourself? If so I will not be able to afford tires.

jmaher
September 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Do we need a license if we are selling ourself? If so I will not be able to afford tires.

This is not Vegas....