PDA

View Full Version : Superstreet riders look here

Bartman
April 23rd, 2010, 01:13 PM
A couple of questions have come up, as they arise I will post the questions and answers here. If you have any questions post them here and I will get to a answer.

Question #1 My bike has spikes on it, do they have to come off?
Yes they must come off,the sport is dangerous enough so no need to have something that can stab you on board.

Question #2 I have 2 piece leathers, do they need to have a full circomferance zipper?
Yes they must zip together all the way, not just 4"s in back. Several people in town can sew in what you need.

Question #3 Do I have to have water only in my cooling system?
Yes with the exception of approve additives found in the MRA rulebook.

The first weekend is done and overall the bikes were good, however the state of tires was my only problem with some.
A good rule of thumb is if you have any doubt about your tires replace them, don't say to yourself one more weekend will be OK cause they won't. In the races to follow I will be more stringent on this and will make you get new tires or send you home. Please don't make me do that as I want you to have a fun race with us but I will insist on good tires from now on.

davy4575
April 23rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
what are spikes? (please pardon the stupidity)

random hero
April 23rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
what are spikes? (please pardon the stupidity)

I'm guessing those goofy spike shaped bar and frame sliders

Bartman
April 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
You are correct, they make spiked bolts sliders bar ends and axle inserts. Not a good plan to have them on a street bike let alone on a racebike.

R1-2NV
April 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
But Bart they make me and my bike look so bad ass.

So I take it that my half helmet with flames is out of the question?

Bartman
April 24th, 2010, 04:28 PM
For you a 1/2 helmet works cause you only gots 1/2 a brain. :twisted:

random hero
April 24th, 2010, 06:02 PM
are stretched swingarms and nos legal????? :P

Bartman
April 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Damn good question, let me see if I can come up with the answer.
If someone dumb enough wants to come out with a streched bike, bring it nothing in the rules against it. No NOS except in Race of the Rockies and I will extend that to the superstreet as well. So in short no NOS in superstreet.
What esle you got? :D

random hero
April 24th, 2010, 10:05 PM
are the helmet mow-hawks superstreet legal? And also Ti knee pucks, for cornering low?

cromer611
April 24th, 2010, 11:03 PM
are the helmet mow-hawks superstreet legal? And also Ti knee pucks, for cornering low?

ti knee pucks would probly be a safety issue because its distracting to the riders behind you... IMO.
2005 wants their helmet Mohawks back..... :wink: :roll:

random hero
April 24th, 2010, 11:38 PM

ti knee pucks would probly be a safety issue because its distracting to the riders behind you... IMO.

You have any idea how many chicks I'd get shooting sparks, and rocking a pink helmet mow-hawk....

cromer611
April 25th, 2010, 11:20 AM

You have any idea how many chicks I'd get shooting sparks, and rocking a pink helmet mow-hawk....

if ya skip all that nonsense and just go fast they will marry you..... BAZZING!

Bartman
April 25th, 2010, 11:47 AM
NO ti sliders for pucks allowed in the MRA. Mohawks must be 6" or longer to be legal. :lol:

Snowman
April 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM
if ya skip all that nonsense and just go fast they will marry you..... BAZZING!I think he's just looking for sex...
Although I'm not sure he can handle the girls that are attracted by pink mohawks and sparks.

kamper11
April 26th, 2010, 09:15 AM
What about handlebar speakers, amp and ipod to play some pimping tunes while draggin theTI around the track?

Bartman
April 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
What about handlebar speakers, amp and ipod to play some pimping tunes while draggin theTI around the track?

I will allow that only if you play Vanilla Ice only and it must be over 100db so everyone can here it. :lol:

sikwitit
April 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Man you all are some characters. :roll:

rforsythe
April 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM
All I know is I'm charging my camera batteries up for this. It's sounding like 8 laps of "pimp my ride".

Bartman
April 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Man you all are some characters. :roll:

Remember there are no stupid questions only stupid answers, I will do my level best to come up with the dumbest answers ever.
Your friendly neighborhood Bartman

Islandermyk
April 28th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Here's something that's been kickin my butt:

Transponders? If available to a rider participating in the Superstreet race, will we be able to review lap times and such? Or actually benefit from using a tranponder in this event?

Never used one of'em transponders before :oops:

dragos13
April 29th, 2010, 06:05 AM

Transponders? If available to a rider participating in the Superstreet race, will we be able to review lap times and such? Or actually benefit from using a tranponder in this event?

There will not be scoring for the Superstreet class. If you have an XT lap timer, then there is usually a beacon at start finish so you can record your lap times.

Let me know if you have any other questions :) see you Saturday!!

lars
June 10th, 2010, 09:12 AM
My tech inspection at ppir said I needed tires but after a track day at hpr I still have lots of tread left until I get to the wear bars. I'm thinking he expected them to wear out like race tires... Should I just bring her to tech and if still not pleased get new tires? These are barely considered sport tires and last at least 8k on the street.

dragos13
June 10th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Did you talk to Bart at PPIR? He is very good with tires/brands/wearing, etc. If he said you needed new tires it might be due to other reasons then lack of tread.

Older material can start cupping on the groves, rubber might be old and hard, uneven wear due to age.

I will let Bart give the answer as he is the one that will either allow you to compete or send you home. Remember, this weekend is looking a little cooler and wetter then the past two rounds so having good tires is critical to staying up. If you can get tires before this weekend, I would definitely say do it.

lars
June 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I am not sure who teched my bike. Forgot half the names of people. I ordered tires and they ought to be here today/tomorrow. Sounds like bring them with me and if tech says "No....bad Lars" then have the new ones mounted?

lars
June 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I am not sure who teched my bike. Forgot half the names of people. I ordered tires and they ought to be here today/tomorrow. Sounds like bring them with me and if tech says "No....bad Lars" then have the new ones mounted?

Scored51
June 10th, 2010, 11:29 AM

The reason we don't use the timing system for the Super Street class is because it runs right through my nap time on Saturday.

Bartman
June 10th, 2010, 11:46 AM

You would be well advised to bring new tires out if you have them, that way if I do feel like being a dick you have it handled. :D

lars
June 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM

You would be well advised to bring new tires out if you have them, that way if I do feel like being a dick you have it handled. :D

copy, bringing the new ones:) thanks guys!

spideyrdr
June 10th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Is there going to be SuperStreet action for race 5? The entry form doesn't include it so I was wondering. My apologies if this is addressed somewhere else.

dragos13
June 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
No sir, race #5 Saturday afternoon will consist of the 4-hr Endurance Relay race in place of the Superstreet.

Superstreet will be held on every other round except that one...

beavis
July 1st, 2010, 08:53 PM
can a super street rider race a licensed MRA race bike?

dragos13
July 2nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
can a super street rider race a licensed MRA race bike?

Yes :)

The winner of the last HPR round for Superstreet was on a current racers R6.

oldtimer
July 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
For SuperStreet racers considering purchasing a 2010 Novice license, the MRA is pleased to announce "Late to the Grid" Half Season Licenses, now available for only $75. Please let your friends know too and we look forward to seeing you on the grids!

As a reminder, we will not hold a SuperStreet event at round 5, July 31/August 1. Instead the MRA is hosting a 4-Hour Endurance Race and mid-season party! For those SuperStreet guys and gals who have completed 2 events, you're encouraged to purchase your Novice license and join us on the grid for round 5. Everyone is invited out for the party after the races on Saturday, bring your friends and family it's going to be a great time! SuperStreet returns to High Plains Raceway for round 6, August 28/29. :D

shocker1
August 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
I Work on the 28th from 9 till 1, is there going be a super street on the 29th? if so what time would i have to show up?

dragos13
August 3rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
I Work on the 28th from 9 till 1, is there going be a super street on the 29th? if so what time would i have to show up?

Next Superstreet class is Saturday Aug 28th. We ask all Superstreet riders to be at the track around 11am.

shocker1
August 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
man it sounds like i need to get a new job lol anyone hiring?

Snowman
August 3rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Ever consider working a corner?

Get on the MRA Corner worker team, get paid to watch everyones lines through a corner and use the money to pay for Super Street then pass those guys in that corner with your new found knowlage.

shocker1
August 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I would love to do that but i work six days a week so i would only be able to do it on sundays which is why superstreet is not a option for me :( atleast untill i find a new job lol

Snowman
August 30th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Did I hear right that there were 25 Super Street Racers last round?

oldtimer
August 30th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Did I hear right that there were 25 Super Street Racers last round?

I think the final count was 22, the grid was huge! I'll post up pics later, that race was awesome. :D

spideyrdr
August 30th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I've got almost 300 pics from the SuperStreet race uploaded here:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/jvreinig/MRA%20Race%20Weekend%206/SuperStreet/

They seem to be sorted in reverse order, but my wife caught a sequence of the runoff in turn 1 about 3/4 of the way down the page.

Louden
August 31st, 2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you for staying late and taking all the pictures. Not only are they awesome, they are really helpful. Please keep taking more!

oldtimer
September 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
For anyone who's been wondering about what happens during the SuperStreet day, here are pics from last weekend's event. I'm very impressed with how well this program is going! Any racers with friends who might be interested in doing this program please tell them about it. It's only $100, the rider rides their track day-prepped street bike, and after 2 SuperStreet events the rider may petition for a Novice license. Or they can just have fun racing SuperStreet and stop there. :)

Please tell the people you know about this great program we have in the MRA. It's a fun way to give racing a try or get certified as a full novice racer.

1) SuperStreet begins with a classroom session. Here MRA New Rider Director and Yamaha Champions Riding School Instructor Mark Schellinger teaches the class.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet1.jpg

2) Second session is on track with instructors. Here the instructors and SuperStreet racers gather.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet2.jpg

3) Instructors prepare their students for the on track session.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet3.jpg

4) Instructors lead small groups around the track.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet4.jpg

5) Instructors pull riders into hot pit lane for comments.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet5.jpg

6) Next session is the launching and starting drills. Riders are lined up in 2 rows to practice starting against each other, instructors demonstrate the first start.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet6.jpg

7) MRA Starter Bob Heaton demonstrates the starting light and procedure with instructors.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet7.jpg

8 ) Instruction on launching.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet8.jpg

9) Starter Bob Heaton demonstrates a race start for each pair. Each racer will get 3-4 practice starts.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet9.jpg

10) End of the day and the SuperStreet race is here. Instructors have set the grid and the starter now signals that the race is about to begin.
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet10.jpg

11) ...and the grid is away!
http://uglydogracing.com/mra/superstreet11.jpg

Tritt
September 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
I want to thank the MRA and all of the volunteers, coordinators, corner workers who put this last race weekend on. I ran in the Super Street class for the first time, and will definately do it again. If all goes well, that will happen at Pueblo.

To anybody who is thinking of doing it, they definately should!
See you out there!

Spicee Brown
September 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
..and you were definately modest..you won. What a class act..nice job dude..next time I want to be there. Peace.

jbrowning
September 8th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Super Street pictures are up from Aug. 28th.

http://www.rockymtnphotos.com/MRA%20SuperStreet%20082810.htm

Thanks
Jim

flyingmonkey
September 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
is the steering damper require for this class?

Chadwick929
September 23rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
is the steering damper require for this class?
No, but it's always a good idea to have one, especially racing.

jgixxer1
April 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Is it a waste of time to bring warmers for Super Street? From the looks of it, you get there at 11, throw the warmers on if you brought them, go to class room session, do some laps with instructer, do some practice starts, then race. By then the tires would have cooled off.

Do you a get a warm-up lap immediately before you grid? Do you get an open practice session? I've never been to HPR or done a Super Street race but wanting to get a couple under my belt and hope to have a race license by Pueblo round and 2nd PPIR round.

Bartman
April 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
You will have time to make decent use of the warmers so yea bring them if you have them.

graphite675
April 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Whats the dead line for signing up for the SS race? Pretty sure I can make it but won't know for a couple more days.

Thanks,
JP

Throttleroller277
April 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM
As Bart said, you will have time to make use of the warmers for both the practice session, and the race itself.

You can sign up the day of, at the track, but be sure to get there early enough to get the paperwork filled out, unload your bike, and be ready for Tech, prior to the classroom session. The Superstreet bikes will be going thru tech inspection immediately following the classroom session, so there will not be time to unload and prep your bike.

graphite675
April 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM
You can sign up the day of, at the track, but be sure to get there early enough to get the paperwork filled out, unload your bike, and be ready for Tech, prior to the classroom session. The Superstreet bikes will be going thru tech inspection immediately following the classroom session, so there will not be time to unload and prep your bike.

I can sign up online also right? (obviously not at the last second). Can I also download any paper work and have it already filled out?

jbnwc
April 29th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Your grid position is determined by when you registered, so if you want to start up front, register early. If you want to start in the back, wait until the day of. Last year, we couldn't do the additional paperwork prior to arriving at the track so I would assume that is the same this year.

graphite675
April 30th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the info. Just signed up.

jgixxer1
April 30th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info. Just signed up..

+1 here

rybo
May 1st, 2011, 06:39 AM
I can sign up online also right? (obviously not at the last second). Can I also download any paper work and have it already filled out?

Good idea!

Look here

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011_SuperStreet_Application_Form.pdf

OUTLAWD
May 1st, 2011, 03:19 PM
+1 here

Nice man...see ya there

jgixxer1
May 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
While practicing launches, do we turn around on the hot pit lane or somewhere, or do we do a full lap while the other riders launch.

spideyrdr
May 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
While practicing launches, do we turn around on the hot pit lane or somewhere, or do we do a full lap while the other riders launch.

Unless they are changing something, after the launch you will go around the track at a cool-down lap pace. You typically never go the wrong way on a track, on the track entrance, or the track exit.

jbnwc
May 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Unless they are changing something, after the launch you will go around the track at a cool-down lap pace.

Since most of us don't have tire warmers, SS riders will actually need to use these laps to get a little heat in the tires.

acrovixen
May 17th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ahh, Bartman, thanks for the laughs!! I do miss your sense of humor and can't wait to give you some hell this weekend at PPIR. :D

Chadwick929
August 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Soooooo, I may or may not be doing Superstreet this Saturday. :D I'll be out there on Friday for the lapping day. So I was wondering if I could get my bike through tech on Friday (if Moham is still doing tech on Friday) and not have to worry about it on Saturday?

Bartman
August 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Superstreet has its own tech after the classroom session, so relax young one. :D

Chadwick929
August 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Superstreet has its own tech after the classroom session, so relax young one. :D
Must do it meow!! :lol: Thanks Bart.

fearandlove
May 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm registered for the Super Street race this weekend and was wondering if they let the Super Streeters loose during the Saturday morning practices. Unless I overlooked something, the bike will pass regular MRA tech. I know there's some track time with the instructors, but I could use some time dialing in version 2.0 of my bike. Thanks.

Throttleroller277
May 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Superstreet riders are not able to participate in the morning practice sessions. That is reserved for licensed racers only.

KFinn
May 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
I will let somone on the board correct me if I am wrong on anything I am about to state. Otherwise here is what info I have gathered from other posts recently.

Super street riders are not ever allowed to participate in the MRA racer practice sessions.

Superstreet riders can do the previous friday track day to an MRA race weekend with the exception of the very first race of the year which is exclusive to racers with MRA licenses.

So in summary for this weekend coming up, it sounds like the only track time available for you would be with the instructors during the Super Street program.

In future rounds Friday would also be open.

Throttleroller277
May 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Soooooo, I may or may not be doing Superstreet this Saturday. :D I'll be out there on Friday for the lapping day. So I was wondering if I could get my bike through tech on Friday (if Moham is still doing tech on Friday) and not have to worry about it on Saturday?

Chadwick...... first thing first......you WILL be riding Superstreet on Saturday

Are you planning to ride Friday? Only licensed racers can ride friday's track day.

fearandlove
May 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Figured that was the case. Thanks guys.

rybo
May 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
I will let somone on the board correct me if I am wrong on anything I am about to state. Otherwise here is what info I have gathered from other posts recently.

Super street riders are not ever allowed to participate in the MRA racer practice sessions.

Superstreet riders can do the previous friday track day to an MRA race weekend with the exception of the very first race of the year which is exclusive to racers with MRA licenses.

So in summary for this weekend coming up, it sounds like the only track time available for you would be with the instructors during the Super Street program.

In future rounds Friday would also be open.

Kevin,

This is correct. The MRA has the option to reserve the Friday trackday as "exclusive" but we only intend to exercise this option at the first round.

The only practice session that will be available for the SuperStreet riders at the first event will be during the designated SuperStreet practice sessions on Saturday.

-Scott

willi1962
May 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I am tossing the idea of superstreet to "get my feet wet" as it were. I have a ton of questions though, so please pardon the new guy.
1. What bikes are typically being brought in for SS?
2. Is the only track time available, after classroom sessions or is there an open time that I could get a better feel for it?
3. I don't want to use my existing bike (love the blackbird too much) are there pics or video available to see what others are racing?
4.Is there a limit to how many times a newbie can race SS before required to license or move up?
I apologize in advance for the seemingly stupid questions, but hope to have enough info in case I can make the June Race.

WolFeYeZ
May 22nd, 2012, 12:47 PM
I am tossing the idea of superstreet to "get my feet wet" as it were. I have a ton of questions though, so please pardon the new guy.
2. Is the only track time available, after classroom sessions or is there an open time that I could get a better feel for it?
3. I don't want to use my existing bike (love the blackbird too much) are there pics or video available to see what others are racing?
4.Is there a limit to how many times a newbie can race SS before required to license or move up?
I apologize in advance for the seemingly stupid questions, but hope to have enough info in case I can make the June Race.

1. Bike of choice seems to be the r6. Over half the last bikes were r6's. Then some liter bikes.
2. We normally get like a 20-30 minute session with an instructor when all races are over on Saturday. Then a 5 minute break, then 2-3 laps practicing launches, then the 15 min or so race.
3. There is an older GSXR race bike for sale on here for $1k. Here are some vids of the last race - Mine: http://youtu.be/Id1bSJAoEEM Others: http://youtu.be/0cc21inh29c
4. There doesn't seem to be. The only rule like this is that you cannot have had a race licence in the last 3 years.
5. You will have a blast.

KFinn
May 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM

1. Bike of choice seems to be the r6. Over half the last bikes were r6's. Then some liter bikes.

Not because the R6's are the best. But because they are plenty available and if you need help the knowledge and spare parts are readily available.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 2 diff R6's I have had but that doesn't = the best.

Oh and if you really want to focus on technique, a 250 is an excellent way to go too. and very affordable for race maintenance.

willi1962
May 22nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the replies on bike type. I've never raced bikes, just canyon straightening on the blackbird and turning left in a dirt track car. The videos are pretty cool, perhaps a little intimidating.
Then to see a bike or two go down, yikes. I would imagine, just like running up bear creek canyon, the adrenalin pretty much overcomes everything.

Fastt Racing
May 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Willi. Welcome to the club. Don't ever appologize for any questions, as there are always many running through your head when making these choices. There are several people in this club including myself that will answer any questions you have anytime and/or mentor you through the entire racing progression. You should hook up with one of us and have a descent phone conversation with us to familiarize yourself with all of the ideas and questions that you have. We love helping riders get into the sport in a practical way. I personally did the superstreet program a couple years ago on an aprilia RSV mille 1000, and had a blast. There have been all kinds of bikes in the class, and an older gsxr or something might be good to keep things on the cheap. You can give me a call anytime: Dennis 3034283614. I did a fair amount of dirt track stock car stuff in the past also. Send KFinn (Kevin) a message if you have any questions too he is also helping with the superstreet program currently. See you soon!

willi1962
May 22nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks Dennis,
I will take you up on the telecon and definitely appreciate the help.

guambra2001
May 22nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
I was there! I had the most amazing time and it was totally worth the wait. I certainly was not the fastest (didn't expect to be) but I wasn't last. Oh yeah I was riding a Red Buell 1125CR, so I think any bike will do.

Slo
May 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
I was there! I had the most amazing time and it was totally worth the wait. I certainly was not the fastest (didn't expect to be) but I wasn't last. Oh yeah I was riding a Red Buell 1125CR, so I think any bike will do.

Nice, saw you leaving PPIR, I was in front of you on the highway with the black SS and the white/black ZX10r on a little american flyer looking trailer.

good to see such a variety of bikes, for those new people, you will also see Jason ride the hell out of his ZX12r out there also.

willi1962
May 22nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
How do the big bikes perform against the lighter quicker 600's?I assume they lose in the corner but hopefully gain it on the straights?

Slo
May 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Just my $0.02 here, the smaller bikes will be a "little" more forgiving powering out of a turn, and the bigger bike may give you an oh sh*t feeling heading down a straight until you are ready to brake....

Definitely a better idea to learn on a smaller bike. However for myself I am on a liter bike and its fine for me.

I am no top tier racer, just a canyon/street guy seeing how competitive I can be among the racers.

jgixxer1
May 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Do you have to have 2 superstreet races in one season to get a licnense, or can it be one this season and one next season?

KFinn
May 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Do you have to have 2 superstreet races in one season to get a licnense, or can it be one this season and one next season?Hi,

The answer to both of your questions, this one and the next one (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=14889&start=0 ) can both be answered by contacting the New Rider Director - Jeff Brown and his contact info is seen here:
http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact

or the screen name on the forum. Throttleroller277

richie-rich
June 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Hey all.

So I am all ready for my first superstreet event just got a one piece, and have my bike track rdy but my problem is that all of the registrations pages are not working? Can I just show up and race tomorrow or am I missing something?

aspenbum
June 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Yes come to pueblo and register in person. Online registration closed on Monday. There is still spots available in the class! stop by my pit if you have any questions, im 934. See you tomorrow!

MadVlad
June 28th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hey all.

So I am all ready for my first superstreet event just got a one piece, and have my bike track rdy but my problem is that all of the registrations pages are not working? Can I just show up and race tomorrow or am I missing something?

Did you go through racewurx? Cause that's how it's being done now, no more filled out forms.

richie-rich
July 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Edited: Problem Solved.

Cant wait for #4!