PDA

View Full Version : Corner worker sign-up/procedure

The GECCO
April 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Is there any way that people can "sign up" ahead of time so they don't run the risk of being turned away at the track? Perhaps a sign up thread here for each event?

Lynn Carey
April 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I plan on working this weekend, May 1 and 2. I'll be there by 7:00; 6:30 is a maybe.

Timmay!
April 27th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Is there any way that people can "sign up" ahead of time so they don't run the risk of being turned away at the track? Perhaps a sign up thread here for each event?

I thought about that. The problem is that some of the more experienced CWs aren't online. In addition, I am figuring that if you are there early then you have a genuine interest in working. It's easy to push a button, it's another thing to drag yer ass to the track first thing in the a.m.

The GECCO
April 27th, 2010, 08:58 PM

I thought about that. The problem is that some of the more experienced CWs aren't online. In addition, I am figuring that if you are there early then you have a genuine interest in working. It's easy to push a button, it's another thing to drag yer ass to the track first thing in the a.m.

True, very true....but I think you should consider a more pro-active method? While there may be plenty of workers now, I think that will change if too many people drag their ass to the track first thing in the morning only to be told "sorry".

Timmay!
April 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM
True, very true....but I think you should consider a more pro-active method? While there may be plenty of workers now, I think that will change if too many people drag their ass to the track first thing in the morning only to be told "sorry".

Last year we had the, "All who come are welcome" method and it worked out just fine. No one was told, "Sorry.", and everyone got paid.

This year, due to the financial challenges facing the M.R.A., I am tweaking it slightly and implementing a sign up method that rewards accountability, and in addition gives them the empowerment of self determination, rewarding the responsible and the eager.

If our biggest problem this year is too many corner workers, I would consider the M.R.A. blessed. However, having had the same concerns that you do, I compared last year's attendance figures to this year's cut off, and don't foresee that anyone will be turned away.
We will try this method. If over the course of time it proves to be flawed, then I will make the appropriate adjustments.

Is there some way in which this new method will negatively effect your H.P.R. corner workers' ability to work with us? If so, let me know and I will try to alter this procedure so that can be prevented.