PDA

View Full Version : Helmet #'s

LordLosh
April 22nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Bart brought this up last night at the meeting, "that he will be looking for your race number on your helmet". I didn't think much of it until i went to put some numbers on today. Is their a rule or guideline for the height, width, color, location etc for placing your race number on your helmet?

Bartman
April 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM
No real rules as to size color or anything like that, just make it visible and easy to read.
The reason we need #s is so the ambulance crew can pull your medical file in a crash so they can treat you to the best of their ability.
In a multiple bike crash we can figure out who is who not by bike but by the # on your helmet.

oldtimer
April 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
You want your number on each side of your chin bar/helmet. My 3-digit number is roughly 1" high and 2.25" long on each side, I had them die-cut by Un!nk Printworks so they look snazzy. 8)

Call Aaron Petrie, MRA racer and owner of Un!nk Printworks, if you'd like helmet numbers cut in the font of your choice, which you can match to your number plate font... 970-577-1407

Or a piece of duct tape with your number written on it (on both sides of your chin bar) is just fine.

oldtimer
April 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Doh Bart ninja'd me.

But trust me, Bart isn't telling you the secrets. Matching your font from helmet numbers to number plate is the way to go. 8)