PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Good Quality USED oil

KFinn
April 16th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Hi

I am looking for sources where I can get used oil for free. Your waste is my gain.

What I mean by good quality: oil only, no water, no antifreeze, no other unknown liquids.

What I mean by Oil: Motor oil, gear oil, ATF.

How much do I need? HOw much do you have?!

I am looking to fill around (3) 55 gal drums and if I can about 5 drums. I figure in the last year I have used about 4 drums worth.

I use about 1 drum per 6 to 10 weeks.

cromer611
April 16th, 2010, 09:51 PM
damn! 4 drums in a year?

rybo
April 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Kevin,

You're welcome to all of mine, but I live up near Greeley and you'd have to find a way to get it. I currently have 8-10 gallons. Most of it is high quality synthetic motor oil with a little gear oil thrown in for good measure.

PM me if you're interested

Scott

jdub
April 17th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I also have about 10 gallons you are welcome to it.

KFinn
April 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
jdub..... Where are you located? Trying to plot out a course to pick em ll up.

N1K
April 17th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I have 8-10 as well that's all yours it you want it.

KFinn
April 17th, 2010, 04:48 PM
jdub..... Where are you located? Trying to plot out a course to pick em ll up.

N1K
April 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Mine would be in aurora

KFinn
April 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Anything in the Aurora/Denver areas I will take.

Scott.... I will see if I find myself in the coming month or so up in the northern area. If so I will drop you a line. Its hard to justify the fuel cost to get up all that way solely for that. I haven't done the math but I am guessing it would be just shy of a wash in what is spent vs. what is obtained. Thank you very much though for the offer. I hope I can take you up on it.

NossLou
April 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Got about 9 gallons for yah... I'm 5 minutes off I25 and University..... all bike and car motor oil.... Using it for heating oil during the winter for the shop?

Nik

KFinn
April 18th, 2010, 11:01 AM
no even better. I filter the particles out and run it in my pickup

rybo
April 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM
and change the oil every 12 miles????

:)

I was thinking, I've got a race trailer, and such. I can bring mine with me to the first race weekend if you want. I'll have a little more by then, as I've got some maintenance scheduled for the vehicles in the coming days.

Scott

KFinn
April 18th, 2010, 12:04 PM
haha... No I don't use it in the engine oil. I use it as fuel in the diesel gas tank with diesel mixed it.

ya if you bring it I will take it. I can bring my drum. What do you have it in? Do I need to bring a pump and hose?

rybo
April 18th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hey Kevin,

I have a 5 gallon gas can with oil in it as well as several 5 qt jugs.

we can just dump my 5 gal into your drum. You are welcome to just take the 5 qt jugs.

s

jdub
April 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I live up north also in Firestone. I don't think it is going anywhere any time soon though. If you are ever heading up this way let me know and I will have it for you.[/quote][/u]

TRK
April 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I have 10 to 15 gallons here in littleton

KFinn
August 24th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Bump.....

I am looking for sources where I can get used oil for free. Your waste is my gain.

What I mean by good quality: oil only, no water, no antifreeze, no other unknown liquids.

What I mean by Oil: Motor oil, gear oil, ATF.

LMsports
August 24th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I will have to see about hauling out a 55 gallon drum or two. Are you open to picking up a couple of drums at the track?

rybo
August 24th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Kevin,

I'll have 10-15 gallons for you this weekend if you want me to bring it.

Scott

KFinn
August 24th, 2010, 09:43 AM
As long as I have prior notice, I can borrow a friends trailer to haul the drums. I don't want to use the bed of the truck since I sleep in the bed on an air mattress.

Rob, let me know if you want me to bring an empty drum or two to rotate out if you like having the drums on hand.

KFinn
August 24th, 2010, 09:44 AM
out of curiosity Rob, what kind of weights of oil are mostly in these drums?

Its not a big deal but its nice to know so I can adjust my mix ratio.

KFinn
August 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Kevin,

I'll have 10-15 gallons for you this weekend if you want me to bring it.

ScottOf course Scott! Will they all be in cans and jugs I can take or do I need to bring an empty drum?

rybo
August 27th, 2010, 12:36 AM
old fuel cans like I've been bringing for you. no need to return them!

LMsports
August 27th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Kevin, I didn't bring it this weekend, but lets plan to get something sorted for the next HPR round.

OUTLAWD
August 27th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I'll save mine from now on and bring it to the track...having to discretely get rid of 10-15 gallons via the poudre was getting difficult :shock:

KFinn
August 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'll save mine from now on and bring it to the track...having to discretely get rid of 10-15 gallons via the poudre was getting difficult :shock:Ok. Cool stop by sometime and we can talk and then If needed I can go help carry the stuff from your pit to mine. I plan on getting a car port so look in that area later tonight. or anytinme this weekend.