PDA

View Full Version : WTB: AMB Transponder

GSXRScott
April 6th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Still need one for the upcoming season. Dont want to buy new but will if I absolutely have to. Thanks.

Motodrew
April 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Talk to Chris Dale - Scored51

I believe they were attempting to sell some of their rental fleet at one point.

Scored51
April 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Sorry, the MRA isn't selling anymore of the fleet transponders at the moment. There seems to be an increase in the number of used ones being sold here on the forums lately. I would also suggest the WERA Forums (since they are a national organization), but whether it's here or there they go FAST. So you'll need to sitting vigil on both forums to catch one. The final suggestion I can make is to purchase new from www.mylaps.com either the direct power or rechargeable under the motorcycle racing links.

Good luck

Jon
April 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I'm still ready for mine to die as it was one of the originals purchased through AMD years ago. I've continued on the recommended procedure of letting it die and recharging it throughout it's life and it's only been questionable once. My question is when's it going to actually to quit holding it's charge?
Will it out live my racing career? Will I have to buy another or since I helped finance the whole purchase of the damn things in the first place will I be given a break?
Seriously Chris, what's the life expectancy of these batteries held within and what's the procedure should it have a problem?

Scored51
April 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Well Jon... I've got good news, and I've got bad news. I am hoping that your racing career will outlive the transponder you own. That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm saving more money on car insurance by staying away from Geico every month!

The transponders sold off by the club I believe still have approximately two years of warranty remaining. I would suggest calling MyLaps (formerly AMB-it) with your serial number handy. They will be able give you an exact date based on when the club originally purchased the timing system. Their phone number is (678) 816-4000.

KFinn
April 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I am also looking for one. I will be watching this, wera, and ebay. Just wanted to post incase anyone decides to sell and wants to start by posting on this thread or PM people that have commented on various threads.

HAMMER
April 19th, 2010, 10:52 AM
pm me i got one :D