PDA

View Full Version : Ear Plugs.

jbrowning
April 2nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone. I am wondering what you Corner Marshals wear to protect your ears? I am wondering if there is something that will protect my hearing but also allow me to listen to the races on the FM radio station. Is there such a thing?

Thank you
Jim Browning
Rocky Mtn Photos
Rockymtnphotos.com

Timmay!
April 3rd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hello everyone. I am wondering what you Corner Marshals wear to protect your ears? I am wondering if there is something that will protect my hearing but also allow me to listen to the races on the FM radio station. Is there such a thing?

Thank you
Jim Browning
Rocky Mtn Photos
Rockymtnphotos.com

I have not found nor heard from others that the noise trackside is excessive. The CW do not wear hearing protection per se but some do wear headsets to better hear the CW radio traffic.
That broadcast is different from the race commentary, which is heard in the pits. It is both over the P.A. system and has an FM broadcast.

As to your question about ear pieces. At work we use an earpiece that allows us to hear the radio yet protects us from excessive noise. The are from a company out of Boulder called E.A.R. They make custom molded ear pieces and off the rack fits for every application you can think of... hope that helps

jbrowning
April 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM

Thank you
Jim Browning
Rocky Mtn Photos
Rockymtnphotos.com

I have not found nor heard from others that the noise trackside is excessive. The CW do not wear hearing protection per se but some do wear headsets to better hear the CW radio traffic.
That broadcast is different from the race commentary, which is heard in the pits. It is both over the P.A. system and has an FM broadcast.

As to your question about ear pieces. At work we use an earpiece that allows us to hear the radio yet protects us from excessive noise. The are from a company out of Boulder called E.A.R. They make custom molded ear pieces and off the rack fits for every application you can think of... hope that helps

Hi Timmay, thanks for the rely. That is what I saw some folks were wearing was the headsets. Sorry my bad.

Where would I find these off the rack ones you are talking about? Are these the earpiece and radio both or just plain earpiece?

Thank you
Jim Browning