PDA

View Full Version : RC Racing at HPR

nwatkins176
March 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Okay what is the story with the track? Still going to get built? I just bought a new to me E-Revo 1/10th to own you all BTW. Just waiting for it to ship to me. Just gotta learn to drive it first. :lol:

Bartman
March 30th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Its not built yet but it will be and it will be SICK with lots of big air so make sure you bring spares as you WILL brake shit. :D

racedk6
March 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Lol Bart we have to do some nitro circus shit when I bring my little electric planes.

eklew
March 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
R/C's are weaksauce!!!!! j/k, Bart, let me know if you need help with track design and building it as I have some experience piloting these little suckers.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
March 30th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hey, something I can do at the track till I can get back on a bike. I have a T-MAXX nitro that I am dieing to mess up again. If you build it they will come.

nwatkins176
March 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Eldon if you are going to help design it, don't go all skimpy on the jumps. I didn't buy this big ass used 1/10th revo to jump tiny jumps. I expect to break shit. Oh some doubles that will crash cars that short it will be in order. Maybe we can take 50's on it afterwards. :)

Eldon come teach me how to drive too. 8-[

Bartman
March 31st, 2010, 07:04 AM
R/C's are weaksauce!!!!! j/k, Bart, let me know if you need help with track design and building it as I have some experience piloting these little suckers.

Really I had heard you were a total NOOBTUBER :lol: oh wait thats on a bike. I would really like your input on this and we have plenty of room to work with so we could do a kiddie track as well as a big supercross level track if we want. I am trying to get the loan of a bobcat or something like that to make it easier.
We are really trying to encourage electric instead of nitro sense we will be running after the races are over and prolly late into the night. So if anybody out there is going to get a RC to come out and play go with a brushless electric setup. Best RC for a noob is going to be a Short Course truck or buggy, by the way if you do need to buy anything RC we have Keith Easton racing again this year and it just so happens that he runs Colpar Hobbies west 303 988 5157.

eklew
March 31st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Yeah, a bobcat is definitely the way to go when trying to build the jumps. Let me know what kind of square footage we have and then we can start making a layout on paper and then we will build the track!

Neil, be careful what you wish for! If you want big air, be prepared to rebuild your shocks a lot!

Desmodromico
March 31st, 2010, 03:21 PM
You guys make me want to get one, when I was a kid I saved up forever and bought a Losi buggy, was running it in my driveway the first week I got it and my aunt pulled in in her family truckster and squashed it flat.

I am all nostalgic now...

Bartman
March 31st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Eldon we have almost unlimited space to the north of the pits, at least until they expand the pits if we wanted we have the space to make well over a mile long track. I have someone that I think will let us use one at the race school.

N1K
March 31st, 2010, 07:41 PM
Sweet I cant wait to play on this. I gotta borrow my sons stampede but hell yeah its on!

freddiewest
April 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
Hey everyone, definitely stick with electric, less hassle after a couple of brews :P and the way brushless motors have advanced they will definitely spank a lot of those nitro vehicles!!!

Just like the motorcycles, suspension is key to good lap times and keeping the vehicle as light as possible!! Definitely stay away from the metal hop-ups!! they add weight and something else will break!!

The new Short Course trucks from Traxxas, Associated, and HPI, are the hot trucks right now and they take a whole lot of abuse, Just ask Bart :twisted:

If you guys need anything just let me know I am working with Traxxas to get some demo cars that we could use for a weekend event and let people tear them up to get an idea how fun they are...

Watch out for that Elden guy he is fast, we just need to sneak some liquor into his soda and slow him down !!!

See you guys next weekend!!

Keith

oldtimer
April 1st, 2010, 08:49 AM
Elden someone told me you're the ST of the RC world. If I'm betting on your buggy you better win! :lol:

NossLou
April 1st, 2010, 12:02 PM
well I guess I'll go dust off the emaxx and bring it out

peteyt328
April 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Too bad I sold my T-Maxx, I still have a couple electric rally trucks but not fast. There's always planes tho :)

Bartman
April 1st, 2010, 02:55 PM
Get a new brushless setup and some lipo batterys and they will be fast.

eklew
April 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Elden someone told me you're the ST of the RC world. If I'm betting on your buggy you better win! :lol:

Awwww, how sweet!!!! :wink:

nwatkins176
April 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Don't be betting too hard on Eldon. Might break something due to a maintenance issue. 8)

Bartman
April 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Are you implying that Eldon is high maintenance. :lol:

racedk6
April 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Don't be betting too hard on Eldon. Might break something due to a maintenance issue. 8)

I think he'll be ok because none of the ones at HPR will be combustion type engines :twisted:

freddiewest
April 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Okay, looks like I have to bring a Short Course Truck to race with all of you now, gotta put the Big E in his place :shock: and of course keep the Bartman behind me too!!!

Keith

racedk6
April 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
I just hope bart puts a big double in the track!

Bartman
April 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Don't make me show up with a cheater motor cus I will. I won't worry about handling since I will just ram everybody out of the first corner anyway and keep going. That seems to be my rc racing M O. :lol:

eklew
April 3rd, 2010, 12:26 AM
Just picked up some corrugated piping from the track that I race at and will bring it out to HPR and start building the track! It will be sweet!!!!! 8)

random hero
April 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
are you guys racing stadium trucks, or run what ya brung? I've got a sc10 and slash... little things are damn fun!

Bartman
April 3rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Pretty much a run what you gots, I have a SC10 and a 4x4 slash. I do think the trucks are better for beginners but come out with what ever you have, it would be best if we keep it 1/10 to 1/8 scale. If we do end up doing 2 tracks depending on how much time we have we could do a smaller track for noobs and kids that would also work well with 1/16 scale.

N1K
April 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Damn those Revos are SO freaking cool

turbohoje
April 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
i got planes and helis. anybody fly those too?

rybo
April 5th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Are you implying that Eldon is high maintenance. :lol:

Nope, just that he believes that his stuff is "no maintenance". The good news about electric R/C stuff is that there isn't any oil or coolant to worry about. It seems to be fluid issues that thwart him.

S

NossLou
April 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Get a new brushless setup and some lipo batterys and they will be fast.

Will an E-maxx with a Novak brushless setup and Lipos be ok to bring out? What size trucks is everyone running?

Bartman
April 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Were not going to turn anybody away, but for the most part 1/10 scale is the way to go. Stadium, short course or buggies are the best if you really want to be competitive. Monster trucks are fun but will not be able to race with real racing RCs.

NossLou
April 5th, 2010, 06:10 PM
understandable

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Well Have yet to race my truck, just do open field stuff but I will bring it out. I am running nitro T-MAXX with hope ups.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/elvis8310/DSC00396.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/elvis8310/DSC00398.jpg

freddiewest
April 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Justin,

I know Grubbs fly's airplanes, I fly both heli's and airplanes, mainly electric now.... everything from a 250 size all the way up to a 90 size heli, airplanes from indoor electric to a 50cc gasoline with a 24 inch propeller...

Hopefully we can bring out a few electrics and do some dog fighting with them!!

Keith

peteyt328
April 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Grubbs and I will be bringin planes out for sure! how did this not catch on last year????

Scored51
April 6th, 2010, 12:56 PM
i got planes and helis. anybody fly those too?

Maybe we could have some aerial footage of the race... R/C or otherwise?

N1K
April 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Keith Looks like alot of us have traxxas can you bring like the catalog of spares lol theres gonna be some breakage I can see it now.

Bartman
April 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
There will be parts breakin but the new track is 95% built and will be a fun layout. In the tradition of naming the track after those who built it we have decided to name it B&E Raceway. :lol:

motolitho
April 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I have planes and Helis too. I will bring my Trex 450 and my foamy out next race.

We have an aerial video set up on one of our helis... have to get the OK to run it during the race, not sure who to ask about that.

Bartman
April 15th, 2010, 02:09 PM
We are working on the rules right now to let people know what you can run and when. Details to follow, unlikely we will allow a aerial view during racing no matter how cool it would be. By no means are we doing anything on a pro level, we just want to come out and have fun(well more fun since racing is already fun) after instead of just drinking beer and making a fool of ourselves. Now we can drink beer and play with toys that you can wreck without hurting yourself.

racedk6
April 15th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Rules should be....

ANY RC VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN AFTER THE LAST RACE OF THE DAY.

NO FLYING OR DRIVING IN THE PITS.

Thats all I can think of for right now.
:D

Bartman
April 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Aerial vehicles will be grounded while the track is hot, and we should have a designated strip for take off and landing.

nwatkins176
April 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I know nothing about RC planes how much room do they need to land? Would hot pit work?

Bartman
April 15th, 2010, 06:16 PM
How much room they need would be a reflection of how big they are, we will have to get permission from Glenn I am sure to use any of the track surface for anything RC.
keith would be able to answer that question better than me, or maybe Grubbsy but from what I hear he does not worry so much about landings. Crash it and get a new one is way easier. :twisted:

racedk6
April 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
How much room they need would be a reflection of how big they are, we will have to get permission from Glenn I am sure to use any of the track surface for anything RC.
keith would be able to answer that question better than me, or maybe Grubbsy but from what I hear he does not worry so much about landings. Crash it and get a new one is way easier. :twisted:

Hahaha I do crash a lot but only when im trying to show off ;)

But anyways all of my planes are hand launch so I dont need a run way and I can just ditch it in grass patch to land. The planes I use dont need much room for take off and landing, if I even get around to the landing part lol!

Bartman
April 15th, 2010, 06:54 PM
We can get a big foam pit for you to land in.

racedk6
April 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM
We can get a big foam pit for you to land in.

That would be awesome! 8)

peteyt328
April 16th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Hot pit would be sweet if it were cool with Glenn, then I could fly my Habu out there.. otherwise its just the park flyers and land in the grass/dirt.

Bartman
May 11th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I must inform you of my extreme disapointment that after all the hype I ended up playing by myself. :? Oh well but I want a good turnout for the next HPR for sure. Keith is bringin out some demo units so put it on your calander to come out and play. I plan on bringin out my road car at pikes just for fun. :)

N1K
May 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I didn't know it was ready I'll have mine out there next forsure

KFinn
May 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Ya I was disappointed at the turn out too. Granted I was part of the disappoint'ers. But my Nitro Rustler really isn't worth anything on the dirt.

I'll bring it to PPIR though. Got a few tweaks / repairs to make but should be easy.

freddiewest
May 12th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Yep as Bart said, working with Traxxas to get us some demo cars for the next round at HPR on June 12th..... Should have about 6 car's batteries, charger's and a couple of my employee's to give everyone a hand....

I can also help with tuning your nitro car, crash Pete's Habu, and maybe get a helicopter in the air Saturday night....

oldtimer
May 12th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Don't know if anyone has posted the official High Plains Raceway RC rules yet. Here's the basics, see Bart for any other questions.

1. Carry RC vehicles through the pits to the RC track--no driving through the pits.

2. RC vehicles may run on the RC track all day long!

3. Flying things only after the track goes cold.

And Grubbs I want to see you show off with your plane. :wink:

motolitho
May 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I have a 50cc Yak 54 with a 6ft wingspan. I am an experienced pilot, and insured by AMA (assoc. of Model Aeronautics). Can I fly it (after a cold track)? Is it too big and scary?

Bartman
May 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Dude that sounds like a blast bring it out and we will figure out the way to get it done.