PDA

View Full Version : Some info on Miller

N1K
March 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Planning on doing r2sl this year. Was just wondering some things. What compound tires to run and gears, how long does it take to get there and how does camping work and the garages as well.After r2sl running a race weekend up there would be cool.

rybo
March 24th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Nik,

R2SL is basically a huge trackday, and there's lots of ride time to sort out what works best for you.

The tires you run at HPR will typically do well at Miller. The two different courses at Miller have different ages of pavement on them, but I've found a Medium rear with a soft front is fine there. I run my HPR gearing on both courses at miller as well and have no trouble.

Garages can be rented at the event, but Miller manages that, not R2SL. Same with camping. It's allowed in the paddock. In years past there has been a small charge. Again, it's arranged through Miller. There are always plenty of spaces, so there isn't a huge hurry to get it done.

Registration for the event will open on April 1st. Keep your eyes on www.racing2savelives.org

Looking forward to seeing you there

Scott

nwatkins176
March 25th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I went last year to grab the last race of year in October with those guys in Utah. That was a great trip, the whole track was used and the day ran smoothly. I just had Mark and Tammy hook me up with the right tires as Mark is there often and I made the gearing a tooth taller to handle that straight. I plan on going back this year in October to do it again.

N1K
March 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM
What did that trip cost you ??

nwatkins176
March 29th, 2010, 10:32 AM
A lot. I am not sure. I think I spent about 300 on entry fees. That included a lot of practice. Two nights of hotel equaled abou $120. I split a garage, and I think that cost me 80 bucks for the split. New set of tires $400 from Mark and Tammy. My truck gets crappy crappy gas mileage, so 11 miles to gallon. Dinner to keep the girlfriend happy.... Alcohol??

Amount of fun being on Miller full track=== Priceless. What is that? about $1200?