PDA

View Full Version : sharing a transponder??

super-zhero
March 19th, 2010, 04:41 PM
So now that Im lookin at the race school packet it says in bold that you have to buy your own trans. in order to compete? Is it possible to share one with another racer if they are running a different class?

Oh, so say I do the school - can I pay for the license at any point in the season in order to do compete?
thanks
Scotty M

T Baggins
March 22nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Hey Scotty,

Not possible to share a transponder during the same race weekend. Too much brain damage for the transponder guy to keep track of who's using what transponder when. Sorry man.

super-zhero
March 22nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
:lol: I figured it to be a logistical nightmare. I just remember talking to elden about it a long time ago and wondered if it was possible.
thanks Tony.

phildrummond
March 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
2 cents - So many bikes to track/score. Funny you should mention Elden. He's rider 415 and I'm 416. One race he got his place AND my place on the final results.

Another case for my using Roman numerals.

Scored51
March 29th, 2010, 12:27 AM
CDXV or CDXVI... Nope, still would have messed up the timing software. I'll look into Sanskrit for the upcoming season. :wink:

LordLosh
April 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
So you wont be able to race unless you have a transponder installed and operating correct?

KFinn
April 15th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I am a complete newb too.... so take it with a grain of salt. But I thought that the way I read something in the packet or board or rules, you CAN race without a transponder. However you just won't be scored, placed etc....

T Baggins
April 16th, 2010, 08:16 AM
"technically" you could race without a transponder - though you'll never be in the results - it will be like you never were there.

If you "choose" to race without one, you are not allowed to ask that the results be hand-tabulated each time so that you're scored.