PDA

View Full Version : 95+ frame/title to fix my FL certificate of destruction

lbartik
May 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Yes, I have a 2003 Triumph Speed Four with a wonderful Florida certificate of destruction for paperwork. It is untitleable in all states except Kentucky and an unknown state (I am thinking pacific-northwest). This is not exactly the perfect bike to get converted for track use so I'd like to find some paperwork for it.

It has a nearly perfect frame so I finding a new frame isn't necessary. I would take paperwork from any relatively modern bike that is somewhat similar (IE not a hawg, not a goldwing, not a titled dirtbike...) I just got shot down on an fzr600 frame today. The bike needs some paint/body work anyway so I'm not opposed to deleting the cute Triumph decals to conceal its identity. Colorado title is necessary to avoid VIN inspection. (yeah officer, I'd like to get a plate on this bare frame... Because I intend to, uh? ride it...)

This bike was probably high-sided or something. Every cosmetic part and all the instruments were damaged. If you think that's enough to write it off for good... Some of us have wives/girlfriends/... that need more work!

The current paperwork is a total red-flag in Colorado. If you have some sort of advice for me, I'm waiting to hear from you. I can't ride this thing without a plate for a third season. My insurance is probably void without valid registration.