PDA

View Full Version : 2006 R6r Starting issues

spitfirekid57
March 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Cannot get my 2006 R6 Started...It acts like its gonna then dies...I put fresh fuel in...checked all my grounds..checked the rollover switch.Installed a brand new battery fully charged...Anyone out there know yamahas very well that can come by and help a fellow racer out!! Thank you

dragos13
March 16th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Check engine light coming on while you are cranking her over?

You can go into self-diagnostic mode and test the coils, injectors, etc.

Let me know if you want me to roll up some day.

Also, it ran when you got her right? What have you changed since the last time she fired up?

spitfirekid57
March 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Yes the check engine light is on while cranking! She ran when I got her...All I changed is the battery and put fresh fuel in!

How do you check the injectors and stuff??

dragos13
March 16th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Did you syphon out the fuel or remove the tank?

It sounds like something is loose maybe from the tank or battery removal. Make sure your fuel pump connections are on solid. Also, make sure the fuel line is fully connected to the nipple. Go over EVERYTHING under there and make sure a connection isn't loose.

I can't find the diagnostic info online. If you have the service manual, its in there. I usually hit up Brownie for that. If you want me to swing by this weekend some time let me know. I've had my bike torn down to the frame a number of times so I'm sure we can get it figured out.

snay
March 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Did you syphon out the fuel or remove the tank?

It sounds like something is loose maybe from the tank or battery removal. Make sure your fuel pump connections are on solid. Also, make sure the fuel line is fully connected to the nipple. Go over EVERYTHING under there and make sure a connection isn't loose.

I can't find the diagnostic info online. If you have the service manual, its in there. I usually hit up Brownie for that. If you want me to swing by this weekend some time let me know. I've had my bike torn down to the frame a number of times so I'm sure we can get it figured out.

I know very Little but check your safety switches kick stand, tip over, clutch ect you might get lucky and it can just be a bad connection on one of them!! and +1 on Brownie

Throttleroller277
March 16th, 2010, 02:15 PM
To start with, I agree with Casey. Something is probably just not hooked up. Can you hear the fuel pump kick on when you first turn the key on?

If you want I can swing by and give you hand. And yes I do have the Service manual if you need it.

I doubt it is a kickstand, safety switch, as that would not let you turn the motor over at all.

spitfirekid57
March 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Well I finally pulled the fault code 14 called copow and they said it was the intake pressure hose is not connected or pinched so I'm gonna check it tonight!

spitfirekid57
March 16th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Well I finally pulled the fault code 14 called copow and they said it was the intake pressure hose is not connected or pinched so I'm gonna check it tonight!

Jon
March 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Gotta love these modern bikes they tell you what's wrong so it's most always a simple fix, you just can't be a simpleton. I've diagnosed a bike on the starting grid and fixed it before the race started.

marty
March 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Gotta love these modern bikes they tell you what's wrong so it's most always a simple fix, you just can't be a simpleton. I've diagnosed a bike on the starting grid and fixed it before the race started.

hear that! hell ive worked on one of my slow ass bikes down the back strait at pmp :lol:

spitfirekid57
March 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Figured her out!! I did the smog block off plates..Took off all that crap you dont need and hit the start button and BOOMM shes hummin!! Thanks everyone for your help!!