PDA

View Full Version : MRA Display @ Denver Auto Show 4/7-11, Need Volunteers

JimWilson29
March 15th, 2010, 11:26 PM
The MRA will have display at the Denver Auto Show on Wed April 7th through Sunday April 11th at the Colorado Convention Center in Downtown Denver - http://www.paragonexpo.com/399.html?flash=1.
We are requesting volunteers, both experts and novices, to man the booth these 5 days. This will involve interaction with Denver Auto Show attendees which includes speaking about the MRA, offering our flyer's to potential new racers and spectators, and adding them to our mailing list with our Stay in Touch forms.
We started scheduling people at the monthly general meeting last Wednesday. We still have open time slots that need to be filled and would prefer 6 hours shifts but at a minimum 4 hours. Novices, this will count towards your novice hours. We plan to pair up novices with experts when possible.
I have listed below everyone that is currently scheduled. I did receive the names of some at the meeting that would like to volunteer but did not provide what hours. If you can volunteer for this event, please respond to this post with what day and hours you are available and you will be added to the schedule.

Wednesday 4/7, Hours 5-9pm, FULL
Tony Baker 5-9pm
Ray-Ray 5-9pm
Aaron Allina 5-9pm

Thursday 4/8, Hours 5-9pm, FULL
Casey Dragos 5-9pm
Jim Wilson 5-9pm
Drew Henderson 5-9pm

Friday 4/9, Hours 12-10pm, FULL
David Mobley 12-6pm
Ricky Orlando 12-4pm
Rod Mattison 6-10pm
Peter Tabor 6-10pm

Saturday 4/10, Hours 10am-10pm, FULL
Scott Monchunski 10am-2pm
William Bickel III 10am-2pm
Marty Spencer 12pm-4pm
Samantha Coleman 4-10pm
Erik Peat 6-10pm

Sunday 4/11, Hours 10am-6pm, FULL
James Turner 10am-2pm
David Peyton 10am-4pm
Sam Roberts 2-6pm
Mike @ Jackie Bachman 12-6pm

kitten
March 16th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I can do the 5-9 on the 7th.

Aaron Allina
MRA 222

Moto-Mania
March 16th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Please confirm, otherwise I will assume we're already fully staffed on that date.

JimWilson29
March 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Please confirm, otherwise I will assume we're already fully staffed on that date.

The 7th is fully staffed. We still have plenty of openings on the 9th,10th and 11th.

d_mob
March 16th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Just confirming Friday 4/9 12-6pm.

What's the plan for getting in? Will there be passes waiting at check in with our names?

Also, I'm assuming the Smrz bike won't be there. Will there be any pretty bikes on display to draw people in? Some shiny red Duc's always do the trick!

Looking forward to it -

David Mobley - # 78

JimWilson29
March 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Just confirming Friday 4/9 12-6pm.

What's the plan for getting in? Will there be passes waiting at check in with our names?

Also, I'm assuming the Smrz bike won't be there. Will there be any pretty bikes on display to draw people in? Some shiny red Duc's always do the trick!

Looking forward to it -

David Mobley - # 78

I have you down for Friday 12-6pm. I will need to provide a finalized list of workers to them prior to the event and you will need to sign in when you get there.
Why are you assuming the Smrz bike won't be there? :wink:

Moto-Mania
March 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I can do Sunday (4/11) from 1 to 6.
My wife, Jackie (corner worker), wants to work it with me, so we'd need credentials for her, too, if possible.

T Baggins
March 19th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Jim, I had to bail for the 8th... sorry, family stuff.

Updated the post to show one open slot.

dragos13
March 19th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I'll take Thursday 5-9pm :)

oldtimer
March 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hi all, the booth space has been cut back for us at the Denver Auto Show so we're not going to use tables to display our flyers and contact forms this time.

Does anyone have a floor stand brochure stand we could use for this show? Or a small podium type table to put flyers on? Post up here if you do, thanks!

oldtimer
March 24th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Anyone else who can help on Friday Saturday or Sunday? We'd like to turn in our list of workers by this Friday March 26th.

All workers get in free to the Denver Auto Show, you just have to pay your own parking. Even easier would be to take light rail in for $2, it stops at the convention center!

Motodrew
April 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Is there any further instruction we need such as which entrance to use or the location of the booth?

I've only been in the convention center once and that was for the GABF, so naturally, I don't remember much.

JimWilson29
April 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Is there any further instruction we need such as which entrance to use or the location of the booth?

I've only been in the convention center once and that was for the GABF, so naturally, I don't remember much.

I will be sending an email out to all the volunteers this evening with instructions.

JimWilson29
April 5th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I just sent an email out to all the volunteers for the auto show this week. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

oldtimer
April 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Just finished setting up the MRA display for the Denver Auto Show and it looks awesome! Thanks to Jim Wilson for all his work on this huge event, it's been a massive effort to coordinate so many people and vehicles but the MRA is about to reap the rewards over the next 5 days of show.

I think our volunteers will be impressed with how much information we have to provide to guests. Our display area is more generous than expected and there's lots of room to walk around the bikes and race cars. Conveniently, BMW has a big display of motorcycles next to us.

Can't wait to hear about the turn out over the next 5 days at the Denver Auto Show!!

T Baggins
April 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Had a good turnout last night, several people filled out contact cards and couple actually asked "how can I get into racing?" which was pretty cool!

Booth looks great, think it will be a good interest generator for the MRA!

JimWilson29
April 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Big thanks to everyone that volunteered to work the MRA display this past week! Alot of flyers were handed out and we received a large number of contact forms from the auto show visitors. All of you definately made it a success!