PDA

View Full Version : Race School

Louden
March 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I want to participate in the super street class this season, and it was suggested to me that attending the race school in April would be beneficial, but I noticed in the list of bike requirements motorcycles need to have a functional steering damper to participate. Sense the super street class does not require me to have a damper, could I attend the school without one as well?

rybo
March 15th, 2010, 06:40 AM
The short answer is, yes, but you cannot participate in the mock race at the end of the class without a steering damper.

The class is HIGHLY beneficial and I strongly suggest taking it.

Welcome to the club!

Scott

super-zhero
March 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Scott, why is a steering damper required for the mock race? I went throught the requirements for the SS class and it does not require a SD. As this class is an excellent stepping stone for the SS class for people they should be allowed the race at the end of the day. Thats actually what turned me on to all this in the first place.

thanks
Scott

super-zhero
March 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Scott, why is a steering damper required for the mock race? I went throught the requirements for the SS class and it does not require a SD. As this class is an excellent stepping stone for the SS class for people they should be allowed the race at the end of the day. Thats actually what turned me on to all this in the first place.

thanks
Scott

dragos13
March 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
The rules regarding the MRA race school have been established for some time, with the steering damper being part of that.

This past off-season, we basically created the entire idea of the Superstreet class. From the beginning, we wanted to make the Superstreet class easy for non-licensed riders to participate in. This meant keeping the bike prep as close to stock as possible. We talked about the steering damper, and decided to allow riders to go without. Since no one suggested a rule change to eliminate the steering damper for MRA licensed racers, that was never really discussed.

I hope that clears it up for you. I think we focused on the Superstreet class as being the stepping stone into licensed racing, and that is why the Superstreet class requires less bike prep.