PDA

View Full Version : Looks like PPIR is doing bike only days almost every Monday

racedk6
March 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.ppir.com/calendar/calendar.php

So is anybody gonna go do this anytime soon?

If this has already been posted.... my bad.

racedk6
March 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM
If anybody has any info about this please post up.

Im trying to figure out if they will have hay bales or emergency crews.

rforsythe
March 9th, 2010, 05:05 PM
They will not, think Second Creek open test-and-tune day model. You will have garages though.

Motodrew
March 9th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I'm going to shoot for March 22nd and/or 29th (weather permitting) at the winter pricing.

Desmodromico
March 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Hmm, no EMT's on site...I have never ridden PPIR and kind of have a mental block about it anyways due to the walls and the stories I have heard. Debating if I just try to learn the track the day before the races or try to do one of these days.

dragos13
March 10th, 2010, 09:39 AM
With no EMT, just be sure you are not riding at 100%. Of course shit can always happen so there is a risk.

I used to ride Pueblo when they didn't have ANYONE out there. No corner workers, EMTs, etc. The problem with that track is there are turns not visible from the pits. My buddy got stuck at the bottom of T5 for some time before we realized he was down.

So, if you go ride smart and be careful. Its a great track and lots of fun. If you decide to wait til the race weekend, track me down and I can help you out with the lines. Its a pretty simple track compared to HPR.

racedk6
March 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
With no EMT, just be sure you are not riding at 100%. Of course shit can always happen so there is a risk.

I used to ride Pueblo when they didn't have ANYONE out there. No corner workers, EMTs, etc. The problem with that track is there are turns not visible from the pits. My buddy got stuck at the bottom of T5 for some time before we realized he was down.

So, if you go ride smart and be careful. Its a great track and lots of fun. If you decide to wait til the race weekend, track me down and I can help you out with the lines. Its a pretty simple track compared to HPR.

Same thing happened to my buddy at Pueblo too.

Either way Im still going to ride PPIR its a fun little track.

jgixxer1
March 10th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I'm in for the 29th. I wonder what the minumum number of riders there has to be for him to open it up...

rybo
March 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
From what we saw last week 1 rider will get it done.

racedk6
March 10th, 2010, 10:45 PM
From what we saw last week 1 rider will get it done.

Nice!

and Scott did confirm that garages and power are included with the trackday!

mgarvey661
March 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM
does anyone know what the status is on the new road course at PPIR?

mgarvey661
March 12th, 2010, 08:38 AM
does anyone know what the status is on the new road course at PPIR?

rybo
March 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
The new road course is on hold pending $$ to build it. They have an area graded and the layout is pretty cool, but I'm not sure it will be built for a couple of years. They presently have no timeline for the project.

S

jprider
March 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
In for 29 Mar...hopefully weather is good!

chris nami
March 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
i think i am down for the 29th

Clarkie
March 12th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hmm, no EMT's on site...I have never ridden PPIR and kind of have a mental block about it anyways due to the walls and the stories I have heard. Debating if I just try to learn the track the day before the races or try to do one of these days.

Bah, hitting a wall at PPIR wont kill you..............oh yeah :twisted:

Just dont screw up like I did and you will be fine :)

dave.gallant
March 12th, 2010, 10:30 PM

Bah, hitting a wall at PPIR wont kill you..............oh yeah :twisted:

Just dont screw up like I did and you will be fine :)

You didn't screw up.

You got lucky.

(Now, it is the rest of us that have to put up with you the rest of our lives...:) )

Clarkie
March 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM
You didn't screw up.

You got lucky.

(Now, it is the rest of us that have to put up with you the rest of our lives...:) )

Oh I got more lucky than people will know about as a result of playing chicken with the wall, which I lost........... or did I win? :wink:

But no, hitting the wall in T1 at PPIR at over 120mph isnt something I would suggest doing, most people just turn when they get to a corner :lol:

Moto-Mania
March 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
We all know that Clarkie is really fast.
But, what is now apparent is that he never rode faster than his guardian angel could fly.

racedk6
March 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM
We all know that Clarkie is really fast.
But, what is now apparent is that he never rode faster than his guardian angel could fly.

Quote taken off the new suomy vandal :)

Moto-Mania
March 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Clarkie is on the new suomy vandal?!? :wink:

jgixxer1
March 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I know things can change and they usually do, but right now the 29th is calling for 73 and sunny

Clarkie
March 15th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Clarkie is on the new suomy vandal?!? :wink:

A Suomy helmet saved my life, I wont wear anything else :wink:

jgixxer1
March 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I have two of them. The Gambler and the Poggiali.