PDA

View Full Version : Fire pit?

vort3xr6
March 2nd, 2010, 09:07 AM
I plan on sleeping at the track but I was wondering if we are allowed to build fires or is there a fire pit for everybody to use?

rybo
March 2nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Building fires: Generally no.

Fire Pit available?: There is one at HPR, but I don't think it's really available for public use. We have bonfires at the track on Saturday nights as a part of our operation from time to time.

Desmodromico
March 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Recommended equipment for sleeping at the track:

-Tent
-long johns
-ear plugs
-sleeping bag
-flask of whiskey

Enjoy your stay at HPR!

vort3xr6
March 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
I love sleeping at the track. Just got to get a routine down. I still need some stuff before may. EZ-up, gas cans, military cot, a coleman grill, and a table.

racedk6
March 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
When getting an ez up make sure you get one that the inside supports for the top do not run from the corners. They are easily colapsed by the wind at Pueblo or HPR.

vort3xr6
March 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
When getting an ez up make sure you get one that the inside supports for the top do not run from the corners. They are easily colapsed by the wind at Pueblo or HPR.

I am having trouble understanding what you mean?

I am looking at different brands right now. I want to spend about 100.

dragos13
March 2nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
Get a frame that is like this:

http://www.exhibitchic.com/newup/powder_frame_10x10.gif

Not like this:

http://www.customcanopy.com/fiupcafron.html

Scored51
March 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM

Make sure it has a free replacement warranty. The winds at the tracks we race are killer to these EZ-ups. I'm not sure who sells them, but if you search the forums it's been discussed. Oh, and don't forget something to make sure it is anchored to the ground.

racedk6
March 2nd, 2010, 12:56 PM

exactly what Casey posted a pic of.

I went through 2 ez ups this year before I got one with the good style frame. I used it for the last half of the season with no problems and even a hurricane at HPR.

I got one made by quest at Dicks for $150

T Baggins
March 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
I got one made by quest for Dicks at $150

Uh, TMI?? :lol: :shock:

Throttleroller277
March 2nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Oh, and don't forget something to make sure it is anchored to the ground.

The Frame construction is one thing..... but the most important thing, is that you have adequate weight holding them down.....

vort3xr6
March 2nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Will look for that for sure.

Just got word my trailer set up for this year fell through and that sucks big time.

Now I need to find someone to pit with that will share generator costs.

And I don't have a trailer so the whole operation will have to be in the back of the pickup truck. fack me.

Motodrew
March 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
I just returned from Sports Authority myself. They have the Quik Shade Weekender 100 advertised on the website for $74.97. The original price was $189. Even though the store was advertising a price of $139, she altered to reflect their website. I also picked up the $10 one year warranty. She explained if any damage occurred it could be replaced for an equivalent canopy at no charge.

Here's the link:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3521264&cp=3077577.3085042

Although it doesn't have the rigid frame suggested above, I couldn't argue with the price/ warranty.

sheispoison
March 13th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Why there are not more vans at the track is beyond me. Gets you and all you're gear to the track without having to pull a trailer and gives you some place to sleep without being in a tent. I slept in a tent the first half of my first season... it kinda sucks. Sleeping in the van... WAY better!!!
carl