PDA

View Full Version : Shane's Injuries- Do Not Look if Squeamish !!!

Vanmar Racing
February 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
The doctors opened up his legs because of swelling. The swelling is from the massive trauma.

http://i50.tinypic.com/fy076d.jpg

Vanmar Racing
February 23rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/zsoefp.jpg

racedk6
February 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Thats gonna be a wicked scar!

Desmodromico
February 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Oh geez...

Lunch

Must

Stay

Down....

Munch
February 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Wow, brutal.

Dude, get well soon!

phildrummond
February 23rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Ouch, man. Looks like med school. Heal up quick...but take it slow.

dave.gallant
February 23rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Update from Brownie here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?p=60221#60221

XBAM
February 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Looks like Shane has great doctors! Sending lots of positive thoughts to Shane and his family.

cromer611
February 23rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
OMFG~!
OH EM FRIGGIN GEE!
GD shane, please get better.

Throttleroller277
February 23rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
Watching them change his banadages was bruital!! He is one tough fella that ST.
The plan is to work on the right ankle, Tib, and Fib in the morning 5:45am. Somewhere around a 4.5hr surgery. And they are planning to close up his wide open wounds tomorrow as well (the ones shown in the photos). They have been left open thus far just to relieve the pressure and swelling. So hopefully they do close them up as they say, so he doesn't have to go through anymore of the bandage changing on them bad boys!!

P.S....They have a Starbucks in the Hostpital, open 24/7... that's nice... A few good loooking nurses.....that's nice.... but i haven't found any Tequila yet........

glenngsxr
February 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Good luck ST.

Brownie, you keep us updated and let us know how the surgery went. Is ST making fun of people yet or is he still out of it?

Throttleroller277
February 24th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Good luck ST.

Brownie, you keep us updated and let us know how the surgery went. Is ST making fun of people yet or is he still out of it?

ST certainly is being his same ol' self when he isn't sleeping!!

Surgery changed till sometime around noon, but subject to change again! 8)

Throttleroller277
February 24th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Surgery went well. They mostly closed up his open wounds. Still has drain tubes in. They plated both right and left Fibula bones. Friday they will close the open wounds completely, as the swelling will be down then. He will need to do another surgery to plate both Tibia bones. .... Sleeping now. Only been out about 1.5 hrs from surgery. 8)

jmart
February 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Heal up quickly buddy! Thoughts and well wishes on their way.

Jessie and Vanessa

Throttleroller277
February 25th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Last night went well. ST was able to get as much rest as possible considering the nurse popping in every 2 hrs for Meds and checking vitals. We talked to the Doc this morning, and we are still on schedule for another minor surgery tomorrow sometime, to remove the Drain Tubes from his legs and close up the wounds. He will require another surgery after Friday to install plates on both the right and left Tibia.

We did a minor Physical Therapy session this morning, and had him sitting upright, with legs out flat to somewhat simulate being in a wheel chair, which went very well. Later this afternoon we may actually try to get him in a chair!!........ And then the fun can happen!.... I already have 2 SuperSport chairs picked out for us
8)

glenngsxr
February 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
What's the good word Brownie?

rybo
February 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Last night went well. ST was able to get as much rest as possible considering the nurse popping in every 2 hrs for Meds and checking vitals. We talked to the Doc this morning, and we are still on schedule for another minor surgery tomorrow sometime, to remove the Drain Tubes from his legs and close up the wounds. He will require another surgery after Friday to install plates on both the right and left Tibia.

We did a minor Physical Therapy session this morning, and had him sitting upright, with legs out flat to somewhat simulate being in a wheel chair, which went very well. Later this afternoon we may actually try to get him in a chair!!........ And then the fun can happen!.... I already have 2 SuperSport chairs picked out for us
8)

What's needed in a case like this is stunt chairs....

Throttleroller277
February 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM
What's the good word Brownie?

Well, we didn't get to race chairs last night, didn't get that far. Surgery went good today though. It was fairly short. They cleaned up the rest of his open wounds, and sealed them up completely. Which is good, as they were not sure if they were going to be able to, due to the swelling.

I plan to stay here one more night/day.

The Docs will examine his wounds, as well as any drainage of fluids that me be taking place, on Monday before he goes home. And from there they will make a decision as to when they will bring him back in to install the Plates on both the right and left Tibia bones....... They are saying that those will be 2 separate surgeries, just due to the time required to do each leg.

3 down..... 2 to go!

ST is in good spirits..... and will be back on the track kicking our ass's in no time... 8)

Dodd
February 28th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Glad to hear he's progressing- I usually don't see human meat like that on people that are still with us-

Hang in there Shane

Throttleroller277
March 1st, 2010, 12:22 PM
Not much to report.

ST has had the last couple days to "try" to relax and get some rest. May find out today how long it will be till the next and final surgeries will be. 8)