PDA

View Full Version : Details of the 4hr race???

jplracing
February 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Are the details and rules of the 4hr race posted somewhere and I just can't find them?

I am wanting to have some friends join me on a team, but they are out of town and we are wanting to make some plans.

Thanks

Joe

T Baggins
February 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Saturday July 31st, takes the place of the SuperStreet and "normal" Endurance races.

Minimum 2 riders - Maximum 6 riders

May or may not have an "iron butt" solo rider division - still being debated.

May or may not be allowed to share bikes - still being debated.

There WILL be trophies for top 5 teams.

Everyone will receive 15 points for participating. Nothing more nothing less.

Class is being sponsored by Toyota!

This is something that is currently being worked out on the Board Forum - and is in the TOP 3 of the things we're working on right now. We'll post up the rest of the details as soon as we know.

jplracing
February 17th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks Tony

racedk6
February 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Dang I gotta get a team together for this one. :twisted:

BLRacing67
February 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
This should be fun!!!

Blue Junk
February 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
If anyone is in need of a rider for this event, I would like to ride it. I have experience endurance racing, and can pay my way.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 18th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Now, there is finaly a real endurance race and I have to be down for the season. You all have to do this again next for sure so I can race it myself.

snay
February 18th, 2010, 09:40 PM
If anyone is in need of a rider for this event, I would like to ride it. I have experience endurance racing, and can pay my way.

And Fast!!! Maybe You S.T and I ?? PM me kory lets put this together

marty
February 18th, 2010, 09:46 PM
i like the idea of an iron butt race also.

anyone wanna take bets on a 125 lasting for 4 hours :twisted: :lol:

rybo
February 18th, 2010, 11:20 PM

Hell Marty, the plan is for multiple bikes to be allowed. I hadn't really considered the idea of multiple bikes for ONE rider, but in your case I guess it would be really fun to watch....

Let's start the "Marty's Piston Fund" right now!

s

Scored51
February 18th, 2010, 11:35 PM

That's a sucker's bet if it's one of yours. :D

marty
February 19th, 2010, 12:33 AM
what will the rule be on crashing? can we have a back up bike or if you fall you're out? what will the refueling procedure be, it will probably just be faster to swap tanks unless the 250 tank fits

i did some figuring and the top end will make it, but the odds of me doing something dumb and crashing will go up by about the end of the first hour

rybo
February 19th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Honestly,

It's a hot topic in the board forum right now and I hope to have something official out to you by the end of the weekend.

Crashing, back up bikes, refueling etc are all on the list of topics being discussed.

s

cromer611
February 19th, 2010, 08:23 AM
*raises hand* OOH OOH PICK ME!

oldtimer
February 19th, 2010, 10:54 AM

That would be brutal! Could you assemble a 125 team?

Scored51
February 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Marty, you should ask Brewer to be a teammate as he's faster in Endurance races on a 125, eh?

peteyt328
February 19th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I wanna play too!

john iacobucci
February 19th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I did the 24hr. at Willow Springs x2 and four, six and 8hr. races with
WERA in the early 90's. You guy's are going to love it!!
Johnny i

marty
February 19th, 2010, 04:19 PM

Marty, you should ask Brewer to be a teammate as he's faster in Endurance races on a 125, eh?

i taught brewer everything he knows about 125s. the pupil passed the teacher :lol:

i got a guy in mind i met on another forum who may be a small bike ringer here in bit

hmmm, maybe i could field a second team with wyeth and cromer.

dave.gallant
February 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM

And me.

(I'll stop eating now.)

marty
February 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM

And me.

(I'll stop eating now.)

maybe even a 250 team. brownie might be up for a few hours on a "crampt" tz

Blue Junk
February 19th, 2010, 09:44 PM
So, this isn't sounding too much like an endurance race if you can use different bikes. So, the current discussion is for it to be ore like a relay race?? What is the baton, the transponder?

rybo
February 19th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Kory,

As of right now we are talking about more of a relay race with a transponder exchange.

We don't have a great tradition of true endurance racing here, so we're going to give this a try this year.

Rules early next week! (I hope)

Scott

freddiewest
February 20th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I'm in if someone would consider a novice :shock:

Keith

MRA #322

Jon
February 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Actually the MRA does have a fairly good history of endurance racing back in the eighties with such riders as Doug Polen, John Ulrich and others racing with us. Not sure how this could have been forgotten. We used to have six hour races up in Aspen as well. Though the last real endurance race that we had that had a certain amount of success would have been 1995 at Mountain View Motorsports Park. That became CDR. Who all remembers that one? A 90 minute solo followed by a three hour team event.

dave.gallant
February 20th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Though the last real endurance race that we had that had a certain amount of success would have been 1995 at Mountain View Motorsports Park. That became CDR. Who all remembers that one? A 90 minute solo followed by a three hour team event.

Yup and yup. No relay race; they were real endurance races!

rybo
February 20th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Actually the MRA does have a fairly good history of endurance racing back in the eighties with such riders as Doug Polen, John Ulrich and others racing with us. Not sure how this could have been forgotten. We used to have six hour races up in Aspen as well. Though the last real endurance race that we had that had a certain amount of success would have been 1995 at Mountain View Motorsports Park. That became CDR. Who all remembers that one? A 90 minute solo followed by a three hour team event.

Sorry Jon,

That was before my time. I was still racing bicycles in the midwest in 1995.

I don't mean to discount the history of the club, in fact I'm in strong support of a real endurance race. This is a stepping stone to that happening.

S

oldtimer
February 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM
So, this isn't sounding too much like an endurance race if you can use different bikes. So, the current discussion is for it to be ore like a relay race?? What is the baton, the transponder?

It's pony express style! Everyone rides their own horse and passes off the mail (transponder) to the next rider. I'd recommend using a little scotch tape to stick the transponder to the tail section, a fast exchange and I'm sure it will be fine. 8)

Jon
February 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM
My feelings and finding are that real endurance racing is real expensive. A one round pony express race such as the club did around 92 or 93 could be fun for those who've never done it but trying to go real endurance racing may bleed the membership resources.
Ask RO just what all it takes just to do the 200 and that's now that they've eliminated the quick change gear the big teams used. We still use a quick fill can that dumps about five gallons of gas in about 4 1/2 seconds. The price of that piece plus the fitting that's custom welded into the tank costs about $800. I've seen it so many times in the club discussed and voted on that I've lost count. Once the season get's started and the monies flowing freely from our wallets for tires, gas, travel, time from work, crashes and etc. The enthusiasm just seems to slip away and the grid doesn't fill. I would be surprised to see this year any better.

Jon
February 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Though if it does happen this year I feel that I've the perfect bike. The old Shepherd 1000 with quick change rear end (less than 5 seconds on a rear wheel change and the same for a fuel fill.
Damn, I think I've changed my mind. Any riders ready to join me?

dave.gallant
February 20th, 2010, 03:24 PM
The old Shepherd 1000 with quick change rear end (less than 5 seconds on a rear wheel change and the same for a fuel fill.
Damn, I think I've changed my mind. Any riders ready to join me?

Yes please. :)

NossLou
February 23rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm in for sure...don't have any of the fancy gear yall will, but am looking forward to it.... I can't see how without multiple bikes tires will last.... we all don't have quick change setups....

should be a blast!

bluedevil
February 24th, 2010, 02:52 PM
sounds fun... Wish I had a race bike for this event

dragos13
February 24th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Please see complete rules here :)

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10333

T Baggins
February 24th, 2010, 03:34 PM
sounds fun... Wish I had a race bike for this event

You "can" share bikes, but we made it a relay for those who prefer not to whore their bikes out to other riders... Let's use my brother's R6 - it will have carbs and stuff to start the year...

NossLou
February 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
schweet sounds like a hell of a race... Few questions not found in the rules...

Says 5 team members must be present for a fueling...what if you don't even have five or if the other member is swapping tires? Can a fellow friend(MRA racer) step in to account for the missing team mate?

Qualifying.... will this be for all members or just one of the group? Figured the times would be averaged out if all?

Might have missed it in the rules just a couple q's to start with.

kinda stoked since its on the birthday of my father who passed away! Riding my sack off for it!

T Baggins
February 25th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Says 5 team members must be present for a fueling...what if you don't even have five or if the other member is swapping tires?

It says "may" have 5 team members - as in UP TO 5. Not required 5.

dave.gallant
February 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Says 5 team members must be present for a fueling...what if you don't even have five or if the other member is swapping tires?

Can one rider be a member of multiple teams?

(I refuse to read the rules and would rather simply ask questions. :D )

rybo
February 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM

Can one rider be a member of multiple teams?

(I refuse to read the rules and would rather simply ask questions. :D )

Dave,

Technically it would be legal. They would have to MAKE SURE they were riding with the correct transponder for the team they were representing. They would also have to register twice, once for each team. Not sure how that's going to mess up your database, but I prefer to just assume that you can handle such things instead of asking first....

s

T Baggins
February 25th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Not sure how that's going to mess up your database, but I prefer to just assume that you can handle such things instead of asking first....

s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :oops:

dave.gallant
February 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Not sure how that's going to mess up your database, but I prefer to just assume that you can handle such things instead of asking first...

I guess we will find out! :)

jmart
February 27th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Well, I thought about riding solo on this one, but I'm susceptible to fatigue and may fall asleep at the wheel. :)

If there are any teams out there still looking for a rider, I’d like to join in. This sounds like a blast.

Jessie