PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

d2dracer
February 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Sup :twisted:

Looking for someone who has some info about suspension settings. I am considering lending someone my bike to take the race school in April but there is a bit of a weight difference between us and I was wondering if anything could be adjusted with the suspension in order to make the bike more rideable for her.

I have racetech 1.0's in the front, and an ohlins rear. She weighs about 130lbs so maybe 140 with gear. Is there anything I can do to make the bike more rideable for her.

Thanks in advance!

cromer611
February 16th, 2010, 07:42 AM
2 1.0s are gonna be too stiff for her in the front. my fat ass is runnin .90 and a 1.0 on my zx6(.95together). and i weight 190.

dragos13
February 16th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I guess you could soften the compression and slow down the rebound???

How skilled of a racer is this person? Will she even notice the suspension isn't set correctly?

I'm assuming she is a newbie and will never even notice. If she doesn't already have a race bike, she is probably used to a street bike which 9 out of 10 times isn't set correctly anyways.

Throttleroller277
February 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM
This was on the General page. I didn't wantch the video, as I don't have time right now, but it may be helpful.....

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10274