PDA

View Full Version : Ez Up Canopy

jbrowning
February 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I am looking for a Ez Up Canopy that I can add walls to for protection from the wind or sideways driven rain. Color doesn't really matter to me. The size I am looking for is a 8x8 or a 10x10. If anyone has one they aren't using let me know. I am planning on putting up a booth to display my pictures during the race weekends and maybe the Chicane Days weekends.

Thank you
Jim Browning
Rockymtnphotos.com

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM
sams club sells them for like $197.

Jon
February 15th, 2010, 09:04 AM
$89 at Walmart

jbrowning
February 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks Frank and Jon. I'm hoping to make it over to Walmart this afternoon when I get off work. I don't have a Sams card but I think my sister does. I will check there also. Thanks for the responses.

I'm thinking I should get a heavy duty one or medium weight. I think the light weight ones might get tore up pretty easy on the windy days at the track.

Thanks
Jim Browning

dragos13
February 15th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hey Jim, even the heavy duty ones will loose the fight against the Pueblo wind. I have found the most important thing to keeping your canopy is the way you tie it down.

For me, I place two legs just off the pavement so that I can stake them into the dirt. This gives a solid hold. Then, the other two legs I tie down to something heavy (tool box, ice chest, bricks, whatever).

When you leave for the day, lower the canopy to the lowest height, and also secure the center to something heavy (this is where I will tie down to my bike). You'd be amazed at the storms that roll through over-night!

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 15th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I have 2 ez-ups and my heavy weight works better than the light weight one for sure. The key to it all is tieing it down right. For sure take it down to lowest level at night or it will get destroyed in high wind. I made sinder block weights for mine and they work great. If you need help just ask, I am near you.

jbrowning
February 15th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks Casey and Frank. I was planning on mixing some cement in 5 gallon buckets to help secure it with a hook or something in the cement to tie the canopy to. I was thinking this would be good enough for all four legs. But it looks like I will do maybe 3. One for the two legs on the concrete then one for the middle post to anchor to at night (would this be necessary during the day?) I do have a few stakes from my tent sleeping days (long ago). I remember seeing quite a few folks that would lower their canopies as much as they could when they were leaving for the day. I was figuring that was for the overnight winds and to maybe storing something under to where it wasn't in plain sight. Casey I might be giving you a shout if you don't mind in the next few weeks about this and what my concept is. Frank I will keep you in mind when I start doing this. It will probably not be till March. (Oh no there is only 8 weeks to the rider school). The first weekend I'm going to attempt to put this all together.

Thank you everyone for your input, I really do appreciate it and if anyone else has some thoughts on this don't hesitate to join in.

Thank you all
Jim Browning

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
you can buy rebarb in a u bend at lowes or home depot and put into the cement to tie down to. I never used a middle anchor just the 4 sides. The reason I lower my tent over night is so I can sleep knowing it will not get blown away while i an sleeping.

marty
February 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
sports authority will sell a warranty for ~$15 and will cover your canopy for a year even against wind damage. i haven't bought a canopy in a while, i just keep taking the mangled ones back :lol:

peteremsley
February 15th, 2010, 07:27 PM
sports authority will sell a warranty for ~$15 and will cover your canopy for a year even against wind damage. i haven't bought a canopy in a while, i just keep taking the mangled ones back :lol:
I do the same. I think they know now me now when I walk in!