PDA

View Full Version : Requesting your race # for 2010

rybo
February 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
I've been getting a lot of questions about race numbers lately, so I decided to edumicate myself and read the rulebook.

Section 5.3 of the rulebook says: A racer must participate in 3 or more race weekends of the MRA's scheduled events in order to reserve their number for next year.

I've been confused about this and I know others have as well. If you did not compete in 3 or more RACE WEEKENDS in 2009 please know that your number is available on a first come first serve basis.

NOVICES: You MUST choose a 3 digit number and display it as black block numbers on a YELLOW background.

Experts: May choose a 2 or a 3 digit number and use black block numbers on a WHITE background

CLASS CHAMPION EXPERTS: May elect to place WHITE block numbers on a BLACK background

Numbers 1-10 are reserved for the top 10 ROR-O finishers from the previous season

The following numbers are RETIRED and not available in the MRA

ALSO (and this is very important) If you choose a number that is either not available due to a racer having used it last season for 3 or more weekends, or because you are a novice and you try to choose a 2 digit number please know that it is then up to me to assign you a number. Please do your research before sending your application in as you may not like the number you receive.

Please PM or email me if you have any questions

Thanks

Scott
MRAcer69@gmail.com

racedk6
February 3rd, 2010, 12:23 AM
Hey Scott since you didnt race in 2010 can I take your number this year? :twisted:

cromer611
February 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
i call dibs!

rybo
February 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
Steve

That depends on if you get your license application to me befkr I get my license application to me :)

BTW thanks. I fixed it

polar x
February 3rd, 2010, 08:08 AM
Are we getting packets or is it online? if its online, gota link?

Ray-Ray
February 3rd, 2010, 08:10 AM

Do you live under a rock??

http://www.mra-racing.org/pdf/2010_MRAMembership.pdf :lol: :lol: :lol:

rybo
February 3rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Chris,

It's a hybrid this year. Print your packet from the link and mail it in.

Go here:

http://www.mra-racing.org/pdf/2010_MRAMembership.pdf

Thanks!

nwatkins176
February 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
I don't know if it is appropiate to ask, but who are the retired numbers? I know who is 502, but is there links to the stories on the other numbers?

polar x
February 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM

Do you live under a rock??

http://www.mra-racing.org/pdf/2010_MRAMembership.pdf :lol: :lol: :lol:

With a laptop that crashed in DEC, and after several rebuilds that brought it back to life a week ago.....yes, I did live under a rock. 8)
Thanks guys

T Baggins
February 3rd, 2010, 09:15 AM

You'll all be receiving a reminder post card next week too, with the information and url. So even if you live under a rock, so long as your rock has a mailbox, you'll be "in the know".

We've been sending out e-mail blasts about it too, so if you're not getting them better check with Jen Jen to see if we have your correct addy...

rybo
February 3rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
I don't know if it is appropiate to ask, but who are the retired numbers? I know who is 502, but is there links to the stories on the other numbers?

It's totally appropriate. The primary criteria for retirement is that you have to be a current member and pass as a result of a motorcycling incident (not necessarily at one of our races). The exception is #11 as Woody Witte is still very alive and well. We retire the numbers to honor the people who had them!

11- Woody Witte - Woody is the founder of the MRA (originally the Mountain Roadracing Association).

111- Jim Forington - Jim was a racer with the club and passed in 1998 riding his "dirt" dirtbike at Watkins on Thanksgiving day. Jim was famous for riding a CR500 turned roadracer and competing with the best of us on our "real" racebikes. He was competitive on a supermoto bike before there were supermoto bikes. He was widely referred to a "Gentleman Jim" for his demeanor on and off the track. I believe the Sportsman of the Year award was created in his honor.

166 - Don Bruner - Don died in 2000 at Mountain View in a single bike crash while racing with the MRA. His family owns Apex Sports in Colorado Springs and they are still active supporters of the MRA. We have a memorial award that is given out every year at the banquet in his honor. It is given to the Heavyweight Supersport champ, as Don still won that class in 2000 even after his passing (with a little help from a very generous and classy competitor).

185 - Willie Sharpe - Willie was a new novice rider who was in his first year of racing with us. He died in a multi-bike accident at Second Creek after hitting a downed bike after the esses. An ill-fitting helmet was one of the contributing factors. His family provided a family heirloom cup for us to present to the Nov U champ for 10 years after his passing, and then it was returned to them.

502- Gene Bazyl - Gene was involved in a 2 bike accident during a test and tune day at La Junta. The other rider, who was not a racer, was also killed. There is an award at the banquet given out in his honor as well.

vort3xr6
February 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Is 311 taken? Cause I want it. I will square shoulders to get it.

dragos13
February 3rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Is 311 taken? Cause I want it. I will square shoulders to get it.

311 is available.

Anyone needing to check for available numbers please go here and enter the number you want. If there are 3 or more recorded race weekends showing in the results, then the number is NOT available.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=results_2009&page=riderRESULTS

T Baggins
February 3rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Also, just 'cause it "appears" available doesn't mean that someone else hasn't already requested it for 2010. Please give at least 3 options in order of priority on your form - otherwise Scott will come up with something that you're guaranteed to be unhappy with.

Mark Schellinger
February 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
185 - Willie Sharpe -I'm sorry, but I don't know this story. Perhaps someone can pick this one up?

Willie Sharpe was novice racer with the MRA. He died at Second Creek Raceway during the 1991 season. It was on the warm up lap of one of the novice races.
There was an award honoring him for 10 ten years, then it stopped.

mark E

snay
February 3rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
#141 WILL BE MY NEW # FOR 2010 AND ON . My old #841 will be open!!!

Scored51
February 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
111- Jim Forington - Jim was a racer with the club and passed in 1998 riding his "dirt" dirtbike at Watkins on Thanksgiving day. Jim was famous for riding a CR500 turned roadracer and competing with the best of us on our "real" racebikes. He was competitive on a supermoto bike before there were supermoto bikes. He was widely referred to a "Gentleman Jim" for his demeanor on and off the track. I believe the Sportsman of the Year award was created in his honor.

I believe this is the bike still ridden by Chuck Shettsline twelve years later and counting.

chris nami
February 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM
All you a-holes ( you know who you are...hammer...) who call me every year and want my number...#13... can suk it. I raced last year and will race this year also. Thank you. :) -C

HAMMER
February 5th, 2010, 11:30 AM
im cool w/ 213 d bag!!!!!! feb. fri the 13th is my b-day anyway.. plus im cooler and faster than you :shock:

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I have a wierd question as always. I am not able to race this year due to Lumbar fusal surgery I had in December but would like to keep my # for next year when I will be able to race again how can i do this, or is it even possible?

dragos13
February 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I have a wierd question as always. I am not able to race this year due to Lumbar fusal surgery I had in December but would like to keep my # for next year when I will be able to race again how can i do this, or is it even possible?

Without racing atleast 3 weekensd there would be no way to guarantee your number for 2011. The best you can do without racing, would be to submit your race license application for 2011 as soon as they are published online for download.

Scored51
February 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM

Without racing atleast 3 weekensd there would be no way to guarantee your number for 2011. The best you can do without racing, would be to submit your race license application for 2011 as soon as they are published online for download.

Frank,

Casey forgot to tell you the good news! You are the only one since at least 2005 that has requested the number you ran. (My records only go back that far.) So the odds are in your favor unless you've made some enemies or a new novice comes along with a late August birthday, if you get my drift.

Heal up and find a back protector with some adjustable lumbar support. :D

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Frank,

Casey forgot to tell you the good news! You are the only one since at least 2005 that has requested the number you ran. (My records only go back that far.) So the odds are in your favor unless you've made some enemies or a new novice comes along with a late August birthday, if you get my drift.

Thanks guys. I am doing all I can to heal fast and right. It is good to hear that # is not used very much, it means alot to me and I have it all over my trailer and leather, well lets see if I can get it in 2011.

jbrowning
February 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Frank,

Thanks guys. I am doing all I can to heal fast and right. It is good to hear that # is not used very much, it means alot to me and I have it all over my trailer and leather, well lets see if I can get it in 2011.

Hi Frank, I will be going to all the races this summer. I don't know how well you would do, but if you want a ride to Pueblo or PPIR give me shout. I live on the south end of Colorado Springs. Those two tracks I just go for the day then come home at night.

Jim Browning

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 6th, 2010, 12:08 PM
That would be cool. As long as I am not working I would enjoy a ride to the race.

jbrowning
February 6th, 2010, 12:23 PM
That would be cool. As long as I am not working I would enjoy a ride to the race.

Sounds good Frank. Just give me a holler if your free for any of the races.

Jim Browning