PDA

View Full Version : super street class

Mike Applegate
February 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
does anyone know the rules and class structure for the new superstreet class, or are they undecided.

JimWilson29
February 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM
does anyone know the rules and class structure for the new superstreet class, or are they undecided.

Here you go Mike - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10123&start=0

dave.gallant
February 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM

Sorry dude. You can't race it.

(sucker)

Mike Applegate
February 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
just found it in new racer Q&A

All good points but I agree with fox, why not let current members ride this class if they want to. I understand the class is designed to bring in new members and it would be intimidating to some if the grid was lined up with racers on racebikes.

How about a "racers rule" that says current mra members can ride this class if they choose, just not on a racebike. street legal streetbikes only, street tires, stock suspension, licence plate etc...I bring this up because I have a few friends that are interested in riding this class and I would like to race with them and thats not going to happen on sundays, they just arent going to spend the money to get into racing (yet!)
however it works out, this is a great format for them to "warm their wives up to racing!"

Munch
February 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
We've just crossed into...

http://bolstablog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/twilight_zone-rod-serling.jpg

Mike Applegate
February 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM
After reading all the posts on this matter it does seem wise to limit this to non licenced racers. after all the ultimate goal is to further the club and it will be more apealing to track day guys if they know there will be no "racers" on the line. just over excited I guess, plus its damn fun flogging a stock streetbike!

JWinter
February 1st, 2010, 09:14 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but as a racer I can still go out in the "super street" practice and help guys with track layout, technique, and etc...This happens on a normal basis currently in the club. I just can't go out during the race. I have a bunch of friends that are already asking me IF I can go out with them in practice to help them out. This seems logical?

Jeff

dragos13
February 2nd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but as a racer I can still go out in the "super street" practice and help guys with track layout, technique, and etc...This happens on a normal basis currently in the club. I just can't go out during the race. I have a bunch of friends that are already asking me IF I can go out with them in practice to help them out. This seems logical?

Jeff

The practice is going to be reserved for the Superstreet racers and the class instructors. It will not be open to other licensed MRA racers.

T Baggins
February 2nd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Sounds like Jeff should sign up to be an instructor! :)

oldtimer
February 2nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
Jeff talk to Mark E Mark about instructor spots for superstreet, New Rider Director is in charge of instruction for all the new guys and gals. :D

oldtimer
February 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
... I have a few friends that are interested in riding this class and I would like to race with them...

Mike are you going to race this year? What about little Marky? --Wyeth