PDA

View Full Version : Check it out

Jon
January 29th, 2010, 01:01 AM
In this months issue of Roadracing World our oldest active and still very competitive Mr Orlando is featured in the editors scrapbook photos. Surprisingly, he doesn't look much older today then he did back then. He's still winning races like he did back then too. If you've never taken his class or gotten to know you should because he can tell you how it was "back in the day"

rybo
January 29th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Also note that Ricky is on the (very sparse) entry list for the Daytona 200 this year.

If you didn't know, he's #2 in all time miles completed in the Daytona 200 and the person who's the #1 is no longer racing.

I know I'll be watching on March 5 to see how he does in this year's race!

Jon
January 29th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah if I were a AMA/DMG official I'd be getting some phone calls made seeing that the deadlines 2/12. I'd imagine the grids will fatten up as last year they were back up to the full 80 riders. Something we hadn't seen in a while. I'd imagine everyone's just waiting to the last minute because....we'll it's the AMA/DMG way of doing things!

nwatkins176
January 29th, 2010, 08:13 AM
If I signed up right now, and the field stayed the same I would have a top 20 at the Daytona 200!! :shock:

Good luck Ricky! Anybody know how many more races untill he takes number 1?

oldtimer
January 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
He told me he only had 2 more races to go. Pretty amazing to have logged that many Daytona 200's. And here I've never raced in one. :shock:

Jon
January 29th, 2010, 11:45 AM
It's actually one race (this years) and only fours laps of next years 200.
We may have him pit for a glass or two of the bubbly (champagne) then send him out for another what? 186 miles or so while we finish off the rest of the bottle on pit road! :lol:
What you thinking there Mr Orlando, sound like a good plan?

oldtimer
January 29th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Take lots of pictures of that Jon!