PDA

View Full Version : Good press in Bad times....

T Baggins
January 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=39249

Nice work Wyeth getting the word out!

dragos13
January 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Now that is some great press!!!

Good work Wyeth =D>

rybo
January 28th, 2010, 02:09 PM
well done!

hcr25
January 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Good job on the article! The title has me confused about the purse payout. Did we increase the amount of money being paid out or are we paying less just further back?

d_mob
January 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Paying to 20th, sweet!

Looks like I'll be adding yet another class to the lineup for 2010. Going to make for some busy Sundays! :)

T Baggins
January 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Good job on the article! The title has me confused about the purse payout. Did we increase the amount of money being paid out or are we paying less just further back?

The title and tagline are done by RRW, the actual press release was provided by us. It seems they took our "expanded to 20th" to mean "increased purse" - which is not completely accurate.

The actuality is somewhere in the middle...

The payout has been deepened to 20th position in BOTH RORU and RORO, the details are better described here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10068

And the purse for both are now directly tied to participation. If the classes are well attended, then the purse is bigger and pays to 20th. If the classes are poorly attended, then the purse is smaller but still pays to 20th.

We're going to send a note to RRW to see if they will edit the Title headline and tagline to more accurately represent the change.

hcr25
January 28th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks Tony, that is what I thought. It would be better if we provide the title to the press release otherwise they make their own up.

T Baggins
January 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks Tony, that is what I thought. It would be better if we provide the title to the press release otherwise they make their own up.

Actually we did, it's the first line in the body which says "MRA Announces Expanded Purse..." It was bold and everything...

I think they misinterpreted it when they created their title. I like their title better, but it's "technically" inaccurate.

Wyeth is working on a correction as we speak.

Honestly though, based on participation, I actually expect the payout for both classes to be higher than it was at the end of the year last year.

For example, if there are 30 participants in the class (which is reasonable since 600's can ride up now, and the 2nd yr Expert clause has been removed) RORO will pay $413 for a win vs. $300 last year. And RORU will pay $361 for a win vs. $175 last year.

Still gotta get it clarified so nobody gets the wrong idea...

oldtimer
January 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys! :oops:

I'm trying to get our club some good press, RRW just gave us a snappier headline than the one I provided. Now we sound even more better! :wink:

I've called their office and sent in the correction to the headline, the rest of the press was published as written. Hopefully we will see the revision shortly. My apologies again.

Wyeth

Jon
January 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hell no don't have them correct it, let's have people from all over the country show up and fatten up the grid. If they do then maybe we really will have a good purse and ROR actually be worth watching again

T Baggins
January 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Hell no don't have them correct it, let's have people from all over the country show up and fatten up the grid. If they do then maybe we really will have a good purse and ROR actually be worth watching again

Yah Jon, never let the truth get in the way of a good story...! ha ha

oldtimer
January 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Update on our press, which is going from good to great....

Had a very positive conversation with John Ulrich this morning, he first explained that he prefers to write his own headlines even if we provide one. He then listened to what we're doing with ROR and the payouts and was enthusiastic. He spoke about how he wishes more of the west coast clubs were doing the things that we're doing. We are excellent progressive club.

For those who haven't heard the details, here is some of the reasoning behind the changes to the ROR payouts:

Last year attendance was down, the MRA is responding to the membership and is going to increase grids.

Paying to 20th in ROR will incent more guys to race it because they have a better chance of finishing Top 20.

Welcoming the 600's and smaller displacement bikes into RORO--those riders can not only win money even finishing in 20th, they can win a Top 10 # plate!

1st year experts are now allowed into ROR, so ambitious 1st years can chase above mentioned.

Announced qualifying for ROR will be very exciting to watch. Our Transponder King Chris has live laptimes updating in front of him while riders are on track. During our Qualifying sessions our announcers will be watching those live times and calling out grid position changes as they happen. We are extremely cool for having this. 8)

Having qualifying will allow the partial season racers to show up and earn a front row grid position if they can run the pace. It allows our members who are going to run ROR for the first time to grid front row if they can run the pace.

Having qualifying will attract visiting racers to show up and earn a front row grid position if they can run the pace.

We believe all of these changes together will generate larger and more exciting grids, and thus larger payouts per position.

Mr. Ulrich complemented our club on these changes and made a small correction to his headline on our piece, you can see it here....

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=39249

And finally, the really good part. He LOVES the SuperStreet class idea and wants to feature us in his national Trackday Directory! :shock:

eklew
January 29th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Very Awesome!!!!

N1K
January 29th, 2010, 07:12 PM
FANFREAKINTASTIC! Good job Wyeth!!

JWinter
January 30th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I am proud to be a member of the MRA! This is shaping up to be a great season! I haven't seen this much PR or anticipation for a race season before!

Lets all help keep this going!

Jeff

loujr
January 30th, 2010, 08:01 PM
=D> =D> =D> This is great! Thank you to all that make things like this happen!!!