PDA

View Full Version : Hyperretard Race Class???

d_mob
January 24th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Happy Sunday... Out of curiosity, what classes would my 08 Hypermotard S be eligible for and would it be competitive in any of them?

Sorry I tried to look it up, but got a bit confused. Thanks in advance for the answers. Since nobody seems to be buying bikes at the moment (still for sale @ $10k if anyone is interested) I figured maybe I could have some fun w/ it.

What about the new "Super Street" class? This would be easiest since I don't feel like taking off any of the street stuff. Can experts race this class?

Let a brotha' know -

Scored51
January 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM
The rules haven't been published in their entirety for 2010 yet, but I believe based on what I could find here on the forums, it would a total of 10 classes:

- SuperTwins GTU
- Heavyweight Supersport
- Heavyweight Superbike
- Heavyweight Endurance
- Race of the Rockies GTO
- Novice/Amateur GTU & GTO
- Sportsman.

rybo
January 24th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Dave:

Being 2 cyl, air cooled, with 2 valves, the bike is GTU legal. The only classes where I can see it being totally illegal:

1) Lightweight GP
2) Middleweight Supersport
3) Lightweight Endurance
4) Ladies of the Rockies (unless you "modify" the rider)

Now, the question of where it would be competitive, that's tougher...how brave are you?

s

Jon
January 25th, 2010, 09:31 PM
When are the twin cylinder classe rules expected to be decided upon. There seems to be speculation but no rules

rybo
January 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Jon

All the rule changes for 2010 are summarized here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10118

Scott

talladega
January 26th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Now, the question of where it would be competitive, that's tougher...how brave are you?

PPIR would be a blast on the motARD. I say go for Pikes Peak!