PDA

View Full Version : MRA Riding School.... question

random hero
January 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
It shows 2 dates for the "new riders school", but I'm curious if the actual school is 2 days, or if 2 different dates are offered, and the school is 1 day. Can anyone tell me what your riding school entails. The CMRA school was basically a 1 hour classroom session making sure people were familiar with flags & rules, and then track time from there on out.... Just curious how you guys do it?

dragos13
January 20th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Here are the forms you will need to register for the school:

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=forms_downloads

It will consist of Friday night classroom time, then either Saturday or Sunday track time. We used to also have the classroom portion in the morning, however this allows us to spend more time riding. You will want to sign up for EITHER Saturday or Sunday race school.

Welcome to the club and we look forward to seeing you on the grid. If you have any further questions feel free to post them up or shoot me a PM.

Throttleroller277
January 20th, 2010, 09:07 AM
The CMRA school was basically a 1 hour classroom session making sure people were familiar with flags & rules, and then track time from there on out.... Just curious how you guys do it?

Do you have a CMRA Race License?.... if so, how long has it been since you raced?...You may not need to take a school, is what I am getting at.

random hero
January 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I had a license back in 2006 ( i think, could be 2005) then at the race school in 2009 to get my license, crashed quickly and broke my shoulder. Not sure if my track experience gives me a "pass" on the riders school or not

Throttleroller277
January 20th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Did you race in 2009 at all?

You may want to contact our "New Rider Director" Mark Schellinger.

random hero
January 21st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Did you race in 2009 at all?

You may want to contact our "New Rider Director" Mark Schellinger.

What would be the best way to contact him?

LordLosh
January 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
he got back to me very fast through a PM

Motodrew
March 22nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Any idea when & where Friday's classroom will be held?

rybo
March 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Yes,

The "Club Workshop" next to Faster Motosports.

Scott