PDA

View Full Version : Next Sunday hpr..... Bike lapping day

benfoxmra95
January 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Ok let's start now And try to get enough signups for next Sunday.

Weather supposed to be good(not as good as yesterday was)

but warm enough.

Need 10 people. Already have 4 people for sure

Riders signed up so far and planning to ride Sunday:

ben fox
mike Mcferon
Brent fetters
carl west

Please add your name to this post if your paid and going.

Thanks

gpsigs
January 18th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I plan on going but have to make a few things fall into place first. I should know for sure by Thursday.

Sigs

gpsigs
January 18th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I plan on going but have to make a few things fall into place first. I should know for sure by Thursday.

Sigs

benfoxmra95
January 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM
the weather looks like its getting better towards sunday but, Im not sure.

I am going to make my decision on friday before noon whether to try for sunday riding or not now.

Things change easily, and this cold front looks like its moving through faster and earlier than what I thought before.

dave.gallant
January 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
FWIW: Weather is calling for 39 degrees on Sunday currently.

Jon
January 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Not sure if any of you are interested as not many indicated so. But for those of you who won't be making the Vegas WERA round. The following weekend Feb 5th and 6th will see round 2 of CCS SW competition again at Firebird East in Chandler AZ.
The weather for round one was perfect, in the 70's and it only gets warmer from a competition as well as a weather standpoint from here. Could not be a more friendly bunch of folks or a better time to get out and blow out the cobwebs for the upcoming season. See Roadracesw.com

benfoxmra95
January 21st, 2010, 12:13 AM
Well the weather forecast keeps getting worse

so I'm hitting the kill switch on my plans to ride on Sunday.

I in turn will use the day to prepare to gonto the Wera race in Vegas on the 30th, anyone else? Bueller?

oldtimer
January 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
Not sure if any of you are interested as not many indicated so. But for those of you who won't be making the Vegas WERA round. The following weekend Feb 5th and 6th will see round 2 of CCS SW competition again at Firebird East in Chandler AZ.
The weather for round one was perfect, in the 70's and it only gets warmer from a competition as well as a weather standpoint from here. Could not be a more friendly bunch of folks or a better time to get out and blow out the cobwebs for the upcoming season. See Roadracesw.com

Hey Jon, don't forget the MRA Banquet on Sat Feb 6th! Hope to see you there. :)

Jon
January 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks Wyeth,
I've already spoken with Jeff Brown who had called asking rather or not I was going to attend that I wasn't goin g to make it due to this date. I got a new bike and am really enjoying the development of it prior to our summer season which begins in what early May. I wish I could be in attendence as the only one I've missed in 20 years is the year I got married 10 years ago. Rest assured though I will be there in spirit. Right not though I'm holed up in Cabo! Tough life I know, but if you'd seen the month I've had. The girlfriends son and the baby sitter made me go and the girl friend bought it for my b-day on 1/23!

dave.gallant
January 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I got a new bike!

Pictures damn it!

oldtimer
January 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks Wyeth,
I've already spoken with Jeff Brown who had called asking rather or not I was going to attend that I wasn't goin g to make it due to this date. I got a new bike and am really enjoying the development of it prior to our summer season which begins in what early May. I wish I could be in attendence as the only one I've missed in 20 years is the year I got married 10 years ago. Rest assured though I will be there in spirit. Right not though I'm holed up in Cabo! Tough life I know, but if you'd seen the month I've had. The girlfriends son and the baby sitter made me go and the girl friend bought it for my b-day on 1/23!

Lemme get this straight, you're lounging in Cabo, booking race weekends to ride your new racebike at? I hate you Jon Glaefke!! :lol:

benfoxmra95
January 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
You should see his garage mahall...

Marble floors imported from Italy. Voice recognition entries. Just walk into a room and say turn on the light or music.

He also introduced me to his chaueffer, mr. Smithley. Who actually drives him around in a bentley....

Cars out the wazooo, he owns an Astin Martin vanquish. And a bugatti veyron. Not to mention the ferraris. He let me drive one of the crappy ones, a f-40....

Oh yeah. Itll be on MTV cribs here pretty soon, right in between snoop dogg and ludacris.

Jon
January 25th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Dave,
Just google Ferrari F40, Aston Martin Vantage and etc and you'll see all the pictures of these cars you could ever want. Though Ben's post was ficticous in subject matter I would love to own any of these cars but do enjoy my more mundane hoppy of restoring MG's. Ben's helping me stuff a 3.4 litre V6/T5 tranny and helping me make a fast one! www.MGBV6.com

oldtimer
January 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
garage mahall :lol:

Jon
January 25th, 2010, 08:03 PM
What is Garage Mahall exactly?
My garage/shop could best be described as garage mahem,
Well up until this weekend when my girlfriends son went in and put a whipping on it and Damn, I'm ready for the big time. He seemed to find a place for everything and put everything in it's place. Thank you Justin!
All done while his mom and I were sunning ourselfs in Cabo or maybe downing many, many Mojitos and Coronas at the Cabo Wabo.

benfoxmra95
January 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM
play-on words of "Taj Mahall"

Jon's just being modest.....

I'll tell them about the time we had in blackhawk....

So Jon and I drive up to black hawk in his aston martin to play some high stakes poker.

Well during the course of the night Im up, winning big and damned if this s.o.b. with one eye doesn't somehow poison my martini.

Luckily I made it back to jon's car where in the glove compartment is a heart defribillator and some syringes of antidote. A quick Zaaaappppp! and Im good as new. glad we brought the aston.... :shock:

So I get back to the tables and you'll be happy to know I took that one eyed b-stard down with a straight flush to his full house.

Good guys-1 Bad guys-0

:D

btw....we used the smoke screen on the way down i-70 to ditch some cops

gsnyder828
January 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Sounds like a great time... wait a minute! High stakes poker in Blackhawk?

No effin way that's true...

You must be confused - you clearly took the Aston Martin all the way to Vegas...

8)