PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Service up and running.

irdave
January 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hello.

I've got the garage sorted and ready for work- actually pretty busy already- a lot of people staying ahead of the curve for being prepared for the season.

I'm still able to do the basic fluid change in the forks for $50, total, if you bring me just the tubes.

So please let me know if I can help you, either here, email (dave@fixmybike.com) or phone (970) 222-9597.

Thanks.
Dave.
(Now in Aurora!)

NossLou
January 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
have a set of forks sitting here that need to go in...what are your prices on a rear as well.....all ohlins crap

irdave
January 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Typically, the shock is between $75 and $100 for labor, depending on what needs to be done... Just fluid, some seals, replacing the seal head, replacing the hose if it has a remote reservoir, revalve, reshim. Making it fit a different bike could cost a little more in labor.

And like I've been telling everyone, the sooner the better. As we get closer to the season, turn around times will get longer.

NossLou
January 3rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
where about are you located I can have them in as early as tomorrow....

irdave
January 4th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Very near the corner of Buckley and Iliff. I should be around for most of the day, so feel free to give a call and come by.

freddiewest
January 4th, 2010, 07:14 AM
My experience with Dave was exceptional!!! He installed my Ohlins 25mm cartridges!!! explained all the facts about adjustment in regards to rebound and compression, what effect different springs and oil will have on the suspension....

Basically he took his time to impart so much of his valuable knowledge in a way that was easy to decipher!!

Thanks again Dave can't wait to get the bike on the track so we can finish suspension set up!!!

Keith

MRA #322

vort3xr6
January 4th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Do you sell aftermarket spring kits for forks and shocks?

Unless I somehow get a fantastic raise, I wont be able to pick up a triple clicker but some spring and valve kits on both ends could help me a ton.

irdave
January 4th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Do you sell aftermarket spring kits for forks and shocks?

Unless I somehow get a fantastic raise, I wont be able to pick up a triple clicker but some spring and valve kits on both ends could help me a ton.

Absolutely! You don't need to spend $3,000 to have a great handling motorcycle.

I've got got springs starting at $90, valve kits starting at $155.

Get in touch, and we can sort out what you have, what you need, and how best to make what you have work better.

NossLou
January 5th, 2010, 11:56 AM
will be bringing my stuff in today....

motobum
January 5th, 2010, 12:57 PM
if anyone needs stuff taken down from fort collins im heading down tomarrow afternoon.

N1K
January 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
THANKS DAVE!! you rock brotha. I cant wait to ride. I had mad issues i didn't even know about. Hey maybe that shock came from katrina or maybe they where experimenting with Georgia clay for damping changes. lol Its gonna work a whole hell of alot better now thats forsure.