PDA

View Full Version : MRA / MOM

d_mob
December 27th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hey guys, did the idea of racing with MOM get shot down? I would love the opportunity to head out to Miller to race for points (it would give me an excuse).

Was just curious as I just read this - http://www.utahsba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12494

If there is no intention of racing together, is anyone planning on heading out for any particular rounds? Late October sounds good as they are running the full track.

Also, what is the latest on the Miller SBK Challenge? Is that happening again this year?

MOM #1 April 24/25
MRA # 1 May 1/2 - HPR

MOM #2 May 15/16 or May 22/23
MRA # 2 May 22/23 - Pikes Peak

WSBK & Superbike Challenge May 29 - 31

MRA # 3 June 12/13 - HPR
MOM #3 June 19/20

MRA # 4 July 10/11 - Pueblo
MOM #4 July 24/25

MRA # 5 July 31/August 1 - HPR
MOM #5 August 14/15

MRA # 6 August 28/29 - HPR
MOM #6 September 4/5

MRA # 7 September 18/19 - Pueblo
MOM #7 October 2/3 Full Track!!!

MRA # 8 October 9/10 - HPR

snay
December 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I was going to ask Tony about it but have not yet I'm sure he will see this. The usba told me we\the MRA turned it down all the usba racers was pumped on the idea they would love to ride HPR... maybe it can be a go???

racedk6
December 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I plan on doing a couple of MOM rounds but Im undecided on what ones im going to hit up.

N1K
December 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM
That's sounds like a hella good time. How much does it cost you guys round trip to run a race at miller?

snay
December 27th, 2009, 10:33 AM
That's sounds like a hella good time. How much does it cost you guys round trip to run a race at miller? Its around 580 Miles to the track and the offer to stay at my house is open to mra racers

freddiewest
December 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I am definitely in, really loved racing the full track this last fall, great group of people and great facility!!!

We should figure out what dates that work for everyone and go out as a group.... especially after what happened on my trip back in October!!!

Keith

MRA #322

N1K
December 27th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I like the idea of doing the full track in oct. When is r2sl? I've kinda been wanting to run that. July? I heard they were going to run a endurance on the second day. That would be fun too.

T Baggins
December 28th, 2009, 08:37 AM
The MRA did turn down the offer for 2010.

Our members showed us (overwhelmingly) that they didn't want to be forced to travel when only 75 people showed up at the Hastings double-header. To force our members to travel to Miller to "stay in the points chase" in a down economy didn't seem to be a smart play for 2010. We'll keep the idea in play for future seasons, however.

What might be a good plan to test the waters for 2010 would be an MRA vs USBA "King of Clubs" championship. Whoever of our guys would go there, and whoever of their guys would come here. Maybe we make it 4 rounds (2 x 2) and a combination of points AND riders who traveled to determine the championship? Something like 10 points for every rider AND then the accumulated points for finishing positions at the even?

Thoughts?

racedk6
December 28th, 2009, 10:18 AM

Our members showed us (overwhelmingly) that they didn't want to be forced to travel when only 75 people showed up at the Hastings double-header. To force our members to travel to Miller to "stay in the points chase" in a down economy didn't seem to be a smart play for 2010. We'll keep the idea in play for future seasons, however.

What might be a good plan to test the waters for 2010 would be an MRA vs USBA of the King of Clubs championship. Whoever of our guys would go there, and whoever of their guys would come here. Maybe we make it 4 rounds (2 x 2) and a combination of points AND riders who traveled to determine the championship? Something like 10 points for every rider AND then the accumulated points for finishing positions at the even?

Thoughts?

Im def. in on doing a "club" battle type championship.

snay
December 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM

What might be a good plan to test the waters for 2010 would be an MRA vs USBA of the King of Clubs championship. Whoever of our guys would go there, and whoever of their guys would come here. Maybe we make it 4 rounds (2 x 2) and a combination of points AND riders who traveled to determine the championship? Something like 10 points for every rider AND then the accumulated points for finishing positions at the even?

Thoughts?

I'm def. in on doing a "club" battle type championship. I'm in with MRA they have a race like this riders different colors to represent

snay
December 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Thoughts? I was at Hastings you are 100% right thanks!!

d_mob
December 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm in to represent the MRA if the King of Clubs thing comes to fruition.

Keep me/us posted -

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM
What might be a good plan to test the waters for 2010 would be an MRA vs USBA "King of Clubs" championship. Whoever of our guys would go there, and whoever of their guys would come here. Maybe we make it 4 rounds (2 x 2) and a combination of points AND riders who traveled to determine the championship? Something like 10 points for every rider AND then the accumulated points for finishing positions at the even?

I think we wouldn't pull $$ out of ether club to fund this championship nor would we points penalize riders of either club for not participating, right?

If so, would this be for bragging rights?

T Baggins
December 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
totally no cost to either club, no points towards own club championship, only participate if you want to, and bragging rights or side bet only.

Just gives everyone a chance to test the waters if they want, without FORCING them to participate in a series 600 miles away.

The nice thing is there are no MRA/MOM schedule conflicts (last time I checked anyway...)

Blue Junk
December 30th, 2009, 12:02 AM
The nice thing is there are no MRA/MOM schedule conflicts (last time I checked anyway...)

Yeah, about that. There will most likely be a conflict with your round #2 at PPIR. Not sure yet, but it's looking like it. I'll let you know as soon as it's firm.

T Baggins
December 30th, 2009, 08:02 AM

Yeah, about that. There will most likely be a conflict with your round #2 at PPIR. Not sure yet, but it's looking like it. I'll let you know as soon as it's firm.

Just tell 'em that date doesn't work for you... I'm sure they'll understand. :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
January 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Along the lines of a joint championship, they're doing it in California between WSMC, AFM and WERA ... and they rustled up some sponsors ...

http://www.castatechampionship.com/about.php http://users.frii.com/jjb/emote/shrug.gif