PDA

View Full Version : idea for hpr

cromer611
December 23rd, 2009, 04:09 AM
so i was layin awake in my bed tonight and i had a idea for HPR.
Because the front straight on HPR is followed by a left hand corner, what if we were to get some construction fencing and make a area across the start finish line for pit board crew(hands w/e) and spectators? that way most riders dont have to look for pit crew signaling them amongst all the spectators on the left hand side then look to the right for brake markers.

im guessing not cuz of insurance reasons right?

T Baggins
December 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
I rather doubt track management would allow people in the infield, since they'd have to cross the track to get there.

cromer611
December 23rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
truth. but before people go out on a warm up lap. they would have 30sec or so to book it over : )

polar x
December 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
If you only knew how much trouble it was keeping them in the space they are already allowed, you would not even suggest it. :shock: The 30 sec to get them over there would be 9 laps of fighting to keep them in and others out....trust me, even the people who know better were a problem last year at HPR, let alone the newbies who don't know better.

Nice idea though, just no way to implement it. 8)

Jon
December 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
Would be nice to have a walking path down to where one could see more of the back section though I haven't actually explored it.
I'm holding out for a play area maybe fenced off to where kids could ride there bicycles, swing and just be kids away from the inherent dangers of all the speeding bikes in the pits.

T Baggins
December 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM
we need a "sky bridge" that would take you all over the course - like a floating escalator... sweeet!

I agree that some access to the back section would be good, and I'm sure that's something they have on "the list" but it's probably not too near the top with the other things we need out there.

What IS near the top is a kids play area like Jon suggests. Seeings how so many of us bring kids now, it would be nice to have a designated "safe area" where they could play. I'm in!

phildrummond
December 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't even have chill'rens but I'm all for a "safe" area for the kids. I'd also love to help with a trail down the hill to see more action. How else will people see Brownie's bike on fire?

I'm on the build crew if there is any money. -And if insurance underwriters are amused by the idea.

peteremsley
December 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM
A kids area would be terrific! It's pretty tough on them when they see all the cool wheels in the pits - from skateboards to scooters, and they can't join in the fun.

A path down to the bottom end of the track would also be great. I'm in if labor is needed.

cromer611
December 25th, 2009, 12:08 AM
as long as they put swings in. you will know where to find me fo sho!

mbohn
December 26th, 2009, 06:59 AM
..and I'm sure that's something they have on "the list" but it's probably not too near the top with the other things we need out there.

Is there a list? It would be interesting to know what the priorities and schedules are for improvements at HPR. Yes, I asked Glenn but got no answer.

Throttleroller277
December 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
How else will people see Brownie's bike on fire?

:shock: Doooh! 8)

Jon
December 26th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Given the general condition of the economy and lack of funding for improvements, I would say that seeing items checked off "the list" isn't more than likely going to happen in short order. The racers and track rise above any spectator amenities at this point and I'm just happy that we got the pavement down when we did.

mbohn
December 26th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Given the general condition of the economy and lack of funding for improvements, I would say that seeing items checked off "the list" isn't more than likely going to happen in short order. The racers and track rise above any spectator amenities at this point and I'm just happy that we got the pavement down when we did.Are you sure there is no funding for any improvements or are you speculating?

Jon
December 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I seriously don't know so I really shouldn't speak but given the lack of any news on the HPR site and a shrinking economy, I just kind of I guess your right .... speculating.
Hopefully we'll find out more of the projects that are going on out there but now that the weathers set in maybe planning is in order.
I'm all in for helping out with some manual labor as with any project like maybe a walking path and playground, manual labors what's needed most.
I actually, or should I say my x has one of those playground play structures that could be dissembled and reassembled on the grounds. It would need a coat of paint or stain and could be at least a start. But then again without knowing the insurance stipulations. I'm just offering it up. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and we'll see you in the new year