PDA

View Full Version : Race bike vinyl work/ wrapping

racedk6
December 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Contact me for all your bike vinyl wrapping.

I can get the following done.

Custom number plates
Numbers
Bike wraps
Sponsor logos
Banners
Custom half walls for 10x10 canopys
Windscreen decals

Contact me for pricing

steve@peromotorsports.com

call or text 30h3 854.7828

Here is my bike from last year before I wrecked it
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/racedk6/StevesBikeafterracing3Wallpaper.jpg

PremiumBlend
December 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Comparitively speaking, is there much of a difference in cost between wrapping and just doing a solid color paint job?

racedk6
December 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Comparitively speaking, is there much of a difference in cost between wrapping and just doing a solid color paint job?

A basic single color of paint typically runs about $300+

Vinyl would be $300 for a single color or.... $300 for any design you can possibly think of. Stuff that would cost $500+ to air brush wouldnt change the price for doing it in vinyl.

Added bonus is that it helps hold the body work together if you crash too

polar x
December 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
What if you wanna remove it later and go with paint?

dave.gallant
December 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM

Most of it you can just hit it with some heat and it comes off.

Pretty cool stuff. I have a great shop that I work with that just did an entire Audi flat matte black and it looks sick. :)

benfoxmra95
December 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
How much to wrap a f350 dually crew cab in matte black?

racedk6
December 15th, 2009, 10:45 AM

From what I found out. It depends if the bike was previously painted or not. I have layed wrap over primer and it didnt pull off so well because of the rough surface. While when I pulled wrap off of a windscreen or clearcoated bodywork it came off and barely left and residue behind.

T Baggins
December 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Like as in "remove it with a heat gun" or "remove it by throwing the tz down the track at high velocity..." :lol:

polar x
December 15th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Since I have tried the "high velocity" trick back to back last year, I am thinking this year with a heat gun. :oops: My body can't take many more of those... :shock:

Not sure whats under it, it could be primer. I will take a gun to it and see. If you were to re-wrap something would it have to be perfectly smooth or could you get by with some sticky left on it?

racedk6
December 15th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Since I have tried the "high velocity" trick back to back last year, I am thinking this year with a heat gun. :oops: My body can't take many more of those... :shock:

Not sure whats under it, it could be primer. I will take a gun to it and see. If you were to re-wrap something would it have to be perfectly smooth or could you get by with some sticky left on it?

I have peeled of vinyl that left alot of residue behind (due to wrapping primered body work) and rewrapped it and you couldnt even tell from 2 inches away.

I can also wrap over some wrap as well :)

T Baggins
December 16th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Maybe you should consider wrapping "you" instead of your bike? :lol:

dave.gallant
December 16th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Maybe you should consider wrapping "you" instead of your bike? :lol:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/10/02/3s_bubble_narrowweb__200x335.jpg

polar x
December 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are to F-en funny. 8) 8)