PDA

View Full Version : '06 MRA Air Fence & Corner Worker Party in Fort Collins

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 28th, 2006, 12:10 PM
'06 MRA Racing Season is about to Start . . .

This Sun, 04/02/06 about 10:00 A.M. inviting experience Air Fence crew to help setup, inspect, clean and or repair air fences as needed.

Also, all experience & new Corner Workers are invited to come and help sort, inspect, clean or repair equipment on the MRA truck.

We will also sort out the malfunctioning radios along with the headsets from the good ones so that we can have the bad ones repaired.

We will "attempt" to set up any & all of the canopies. Either we will certify they are in good enough shape to withstand the season or we will repair them to such standards or chuck those puppies.

I will have morning pastries and OJ ready in the AM and per Glen, MRA will also provide Pizza and Pop as the day goes into the early afternoon.

We will be in Fort Collins.

From Denver area, take I-25 North to the Prospect Exit.

Head West (left turn). Pass College, pass Shields

And then head South (left turn) on Taft Hill Rd.

At the next street, head West (Right turn) onto Suffork Street.

Then immediately head South (left turn) up the slight hill into a cul-de-sac at the next street and you'll see the MRA truck in all it's glory.

My cell phone number is 970-405-8718.

Please call me and let me know you will be there or post a reply.

Otherwise, you can call me with additional questions regarding this party or to Corner Work the season And/Or inquire into becoming future Equipment Mgr Trainee.

Please pass along this info. The more the merrier and the quicker we can finish.

Let's have a GREAT '06 MRA Racing Season.

And Remember, "The racing starts when the corner crew and their equipement are ready to safegurard the racers."

MRACornerCrew
March 29th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Vince,

I've sent your message out via my Crew mailing list.

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 29th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Hey Joe

Thanks for the mass emailing.

Hope everyone (Air Fence, Corner Workers And RACERS) understand that everyone is welcome to join in on the MRA Equip Truck Party :D

I understand from this past season that all the new racers who had to work off their mandatory MRA hours were amazed how much they learned from working the corners and understanding what is involved in getting ready, setting up, Working it and breaking it down.

So, I wouldn't be surprise we will have some racers along with the air fence crew & corner workers bringing their family and friends to help out.

The way I see it, I want to ensure that the equipment I ride on is safe enough to race and have fun.

And the equipment for the corner workers who will be safeguarding me while racing on the track is just as good enough or even better to safeguard me and my fellow racers while we are soley focused on racing.

Thanks again and see you all on Sunday 04/02 or at Easter Services 04/16.