PDA

View Full Version : Moving to CO, couple questions

random hero
December 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the process of moving to southern Colorado, and will be joining MRA for the 2010 season. Couple questions:
Are the only school dates offered by the MRA at the beginning of the season, or do you guys have other dates/schools available for the remaining year.

Also I plan on doing some races at Miller, with their org... Will a novice license from MRA transfer over to their org, or vise verse... If I attend their school, does MRA accept that?

Looking forward to racing with you guys in 2010... Got a whopping 16 laps in this year before trashing my shoulder, itching to get back out there!!

chrobis
December 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
The last few years the MRA has limited its schools to the beginning of the season, but that is not the only route to getting certified to race with the club - most of the areas coaches can also certify you. Look here: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9789, but note that that list includes some contacts that are just for track time. The big three in the area are Ricky Orlando, Mike Pettiford, and Mark Schellinger.

Section 3 of our rulebook (available from the home page) states that we will honor a license from the Utah group. I can't positively answer whether they will honor ours, but I think they do, and I'm sure if you check their rulebook you will find the correct answer.

Throttleroller277
December 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
For the last 4 years the USBA/MOM has honored our license, so I would like to think they will for 2010 also. You do have to purchase either a weekend license or full season license. But you don't have to take another school.