PDA

View Full Version : ROR-U Top Ten Number Plates 1-10u x y z

racedk6
December 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Well to keep 2 threads apart I have decided to make this one 8)

I have heard this has been discussed and shut down over the past couple of years.

I would like to know the reasoning behind it being shut down.

I would like to see the ROR-U class champion get a Number one plate, but it cannot be the same colors as the ROR-O number one plate. I would like to see this apply for the top 10 in ROR-U just like ROR-O.

Race of the Rockies is our premier class so I think both classes deserve to have the top 10 riders get a top 10 number if they want it.

T Baggins
December 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Grubbs you're killing me... :twisted:

Please look in the other thread, as this has been discussed.

"The current interface between our database and the timing and scoring system does not allow two people to have the same number OR to use leading zero's OR to use any letters."

It's as simple as that. Given what we have to work with right now, the poll is completely moot. I'm not saying they're not deserving, I'm saying it's not possible. There's a difference.

At the point in time that we have a completely new database that allows this, then it's something we can look into. Although I will never vote for people having "exactly" the same number (regardless of background color) because it makes it too easy to misidentify people - especially when they're lying in the middle of the track needing urgent medical attention and it's delayed until the ambulance determines "which" #1 rider they're attempting to help.

The poll should be:

"Is it important enough to the members to have the top 10 RORU guys properly acknowleged that we invest the necessary time and money to redo the entire database so that we can give two different people the same number and/or allow them to use a letter after their number?"

After all it's your guy's(es) money... if that's what you want to spend it on, then so be it. Personally I think it's unnecessary and a poor use of the clubs efforts and money.

racedk6
December 4th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I made this thread/poll to get this discussion out of the other thread.

The main pont of this thread is to completely clarify the reasoning behind not doing it. Also to see what members would also like to see these numbers being used.

I think its pretty clear if a rider has "1X" as their number on the helmet they are using then it should be easy to see who they are.

OR people can actually put their last names on their helmets and avoid any type of confusion with numbers at all.

Right now my helmet has both considering if you read my number upside down it is 699.

dragos13
December 4th, 2009, 01:15 PM
So lets ask this, what can the database handle other then the digits 0-9? Are there are special characters, symbols, punctuation marks, etc. that the system could use?

Scored51
December 4th, 2009, 01:57 PM
What short term memories the MRA has!!! Have we all forgotten that Monday will be the board meeting that will ratify the rule suggestions put forth by those who attended the rule change meeting? And have we also forgotten that one of those suggested rule changes was the effective elimination of the the ROR-GTU in order to combine it with ROR-GTO?
Here's the link: http://users.frii.com/jjb/MRA_rules/suggestions.htm

If anyone has seen Zombieland, I'm sure this is an example of the "Double Tap Rule". :roll:

polar x
December 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM
PARTY POOPER!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

dragos13
December 4th, 2009, 02:28 PM
What short term memories the MRA has!!! Have we all forgotten that Monday will be the board meeting that will ratify the rule suggestions put forth by those who attended the rule change meeting? And have we also forgotten that one of those suggested rule changes was the effective elimination of the the ROR-GTU in order to combine it with ROR-GTO?
Here's the link: http://users.frii.com/jjb/MRA_rules/suggestions.htm

If anyone has seen Zombieland, I'm sure this is an example of the "Double Tap Rule". :roll:

I dont think RORU is going to be eliminated based on what I have heard. Guess we will know for sure come Monday. Until then, lets keep the comments going :)

Plus its freezing outside, we all are very bored, and many of us have hit our heads more times then we can count :lol:

marty
December 4th, 2009, 05:05 PM
there is nothing in the rule book, that i am aware of, that says a rider cannot put a small number in the corner of their number plate. possibly ror u rider could differentiate themselves that way. ie for casey, "901" # plate w/ a small 5 in the lower corner (btw congrats on #5, you put a good season together :D )

this would also keep confusion down if our riders want to ride other clubs who do not recognize letter at the end of number or different colored # plates

marty
December 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
as an aside, the usgpru has a top ten # plate system between the 125s and 250s. they award # plates by over all points, so in our club for example a 600 rider could be #1 plate if he/she had the more points than the championship winning 1000

ChickenStrip
December 5th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Zombie Land is the best zombie movie ever made....

He's in the ass kicking business... and business is good!!!

Not bad for a whiney little spit-fuck

Pretty soon life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go empty

Moto-Mania
December 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
there is nothing in the rule book, that i am aware of, that says a rider cannot put a small number in the corner of their number plate. possibly ror u rider could differentiate themselves that way. ie for casey, "901" # plate w/ a small 5 in the lower corner (btw congrats on #5, you put a good season together :D )

this would also keep confusion down if our riders want to ride other clubs who do not recognize letter at the end of number or different colored # plates

I think Marty's on to something here.
From a DP perspective, nothing would change.
Fast guys (top 5 or 10) would be permitted to add additional decorative "signage" to their number plates - of MRA approved size, location, color, etc - so that there is no confusion among the EMTs about who they may be treating. The board might even want to consider "ownership" of said decals so that distribution and display can be controlled. Might also make a nice year end award to go along with trophies, etc.

Scored51
December 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Sure! You can decorate your bike, leathers, helmet, trailer with anything that you want. Put all your class finishes on the bodywork. However, you'll still need to be identified by your rider number for official purposes with the current system.

The other question here is to ask is honesty how many would actually run anything other than their regular number? I don't believe we 50% participation between the current top ten riders in ROR-GTO and all of the other class champions reversing the colors on their number plates.