PDA

View Full Version : Ppir

benfoxmra95
December 3rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
I have seen some jokes being thrown around about Ppir and running the banking there.

For starters I have a personal relationship with the owners of Ppir. So Id like to convey a few things.

1. They know they made a mistake and are willing to correct it

2. Let's keep any opinions/jokes/sarcasm that may cause problems to ourselves, becuase the last thing I'd like to see happen is the track management there think we are bad mouthing them or whatever and garner a dislike for motorcycle crowds all together and not allow any bikes back.

We don't need to lose this track.

Again I repeat. They know they need some help with track safety regarding bikes and are willing to learn.

I easily could have got on here last week and trashed them for making some mistakes but I spoke with one of the owners the day after and he's very open to making things right, but we have to be diplomatic about it.

He's going to be in town in the next few weeks and we are having lunch to chat about some various things non Mra/bike related and he wants some input on bike stuff at that time too.

I am not acting as any type of liason for the Mra. I merely am friends with him from previous dealings and am going to convey to him what could have been better on that particular track day that I was at and decided not to ride for various reasons.

PremiumBlend
December 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Safer is better.

benfoxmra95
December 4th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Btw, When it is an Mra weekend at this track, the Mra runs it....

Not the Ppir staff, so there's no intereference with Mra procedure or setup.

The Mra dictates solely how the track is setup and coned off and staffed with cornerworkers etc...

dave.gallant
December 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
The Mra dictates solely how the track is setup and coned off and staffed with cornerworkers etc...

So this means we can grid up with diagonal rows?????

Thank goodness. I was starting to get worried!

T Baggins
December 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
To add to what Ben says, I spoke with Paul the track manager this week.

They intend to run a Promoter Practice on Friday before our race there, and they are willing to let us set up the airfence, and basically cone off the course however we want it for the weeked as early as Thursday night. (even though it's their practice day event, not ours)

They realize that bikes do it "differently" and want us to be completely comfortable when we're there.

Crap happens, it's how you respond that makes the difference.

rybo
December 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I too had an email exchange with Paul last week and am impressed by the way they've responded to the issues that have been brought up in our community.

dragos13
December 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
This is all really good to hear after the stories last week.

Props to Ben, Tony and Scott for staying on top of those guys and getting everything worked out.

T Baggins
December 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
This is all really good to hear after the stories last week.

Props to Ben, Tony and Scott for staying on top of those guys and getting everything worked out.

see, just because you don't "see it happening" doesn't mean we're not doing anything... :wink:

dragos13
December 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
see, just because you don't "see it happening" doesn't mean we're not doing anything... :wink:

I'm learnin 8)

It is all greatly appreciated as I know many riders are excited about getting back to PPIR. Thanks everyone!

shaneboone
December 9th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Great thaty you are able to speak with the current PPIR track management Ben ... now [lease remind them that WE need straw bales at the outside wall of turn one there. The only time we raced there without the straw bale added protection at turn One was when Clarkie crashed there almost ending his life and putting him into serious physical difficulty . To insure this never happen again to him or anyone else in the future at PPIR then current management needs to realise that for bikes the turn one wall is a major hazzard for bikes. Lose control of the bike there and the force of the crash carrys you on the bike into the turn one wall, Straw bales over the past years prevented any major damage to our riders that crashed there ,,, letting them impact into the straw bales as opposed into the wall itself as happened to Clarkie due to zero protection of no straw bales and no air fence.
My solution would be for PPIR to purchase 50 to 100 straw bales and put them into white plastic trash baggies and store them on their property out of the weather. Then when we arrive as the mra our corner crew on friday can set up the straw bales at turn one and Sunday late afternoon when the program is over remove the straw bales with little or no mess to the PPIR turn one track surface.
If you thin a air fence can do the same job then I'll accept your conclusion to that point but my point remains something must be done at turn 1 at PPIR or it will remain the most dangerous track and most dangerous corner our guys will have to contend with during our racing season.
Just my 02. shane-